Best Case Scenario For Redskins In Each Round Of 2014 Draft

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by cmilian, Apr 23, 2014.

1. cmilian

cmilian 2nd String

May 8th marks day one of the 2014 NFL Draft, and all teams but two enjoy the luxury of holding one or more first round picks. The Washington Redskins, unfortunately, are one of the two teams lacking a first round selection. However, they are sitting only two picks out of the first round with the 34th overall […]

Read the whole post here.

2. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I don't see us taking a WR this early. Sorry

3. cmilian

cmilian 2nd String

No need to apologize. Remember that this is a "Best Case Scenario" article. If Kelvin Benjamin is sitting there at the top of the third, I have a feeling the Redskins would take him. Look at the roster. None of our premier receivers are above 6'0" tall. Adding Benjamin to the mix would give us great versatility. He may also even be able to make the switch to Tight End with his size. Getting Benjamin at this spot would be a steal for Washington.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Why not? You have terrible receivers. Not that Benjamin has a snowballs chance in hell of dropping that low, but nonetheless.

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Redskins have decent recievers,it's oline and dbs that killed them last year,what they need is depth at both positions.redskins wrs are as good as any other nfl team,including the 49ers.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wouldn't say DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garçon are terrible, but they could use a solid "Number 1" guy IMO...but that's not gonna come through the draft for 2014...

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

They should take Moncrief in the 2nd and play Garcon in the slot on 3rd downs if they are worried about WR

However, they need to take Morgan Moses over anything else they have

8. LebaneseFF

Okay. NO NO NO NO.
    There is no way we draft Benjamin because we need size! That's not happening. If we want size we might as well just go and draft a TE. Granted the TE pool is not as deep as the WR this year. but still if we want size or a TE we might as well just draft one and not convert Benjamin into one.

9. LebaneseFF

Thank you sir.

On offense we need a TE, but then again we probably need a blocking TE more.

We need OLine and DB's just like you said. That should be our focus with the 2nd round pick and 3rd round pick. I don't think there should be any dispute about that.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Why would you convert Benjamin to a TE? Lol

11. LebaneseFF

I have no idea. That's what the creator of this thread was trying to convince me of!
    cmilian

Not a good idea at all.

12. LebaneseFF

13. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

This post was really entertaining in the Embattled Mike D'Antoni Resigns As The Lakers' Coach thread.

LebaneseFF likes this.
  14. cmilian

cmilian 2nd String

In the third round? How many big, talented Tight Ends will be left in the third round? Troy Niklas perhaps, but he is a one year wonder right now. Austin Seferian-Jenkins may slip that far, and I'm not sure C.J. Fiedorowicz is worth that pick. Kelvin Benjamin is 6'5", 240 lbs. He could swing as a Tight End if he didn't work out as a Wide Receiver. I have read about problems concerning his catching ability. However, he would still be a better selection than picking Troy Niklas, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, or C.J. Fiedorowicz at that spot, in my opinion. The best thing about Kelvin Benjamin is his size and his ability to be a red zone threat.

15. cmilian

cmilian 2nd String

It all depends on his blocking ability, but his size definitely gives him a shot at converting. It's just a suggestion in case he doesn't work out at his primary position. Position changes are not a new thing.

16. cmilian

cmilian 2nd String

Remember that Keenan Allen also dropped to the third round in the 2013 NFL Draft. Don't let it surprise you if the same happens to Kelvin Benjamin. This Wide Receiver class is very deep, so you shouldn't completely rule that idea out. Also, the Redskins don't have terrible receivers. Two of the receivers on the roster eclipsed 1,000 yards last season. Andre Roberts is no slouch, either. With that said, they are still small, and adding Benjamin would bring a whole new element to that unit.

17. LebaneseFF

re-read my post. I will post it here again for you.

18. cmilian

cmilian 2nd String

This is not a Mock Draft, to be clear. In reality, I would've picked Xavier Su'a-Filo (Guard from UCLA) with that first pick, and maybe Deone Bucannon (Safety from Washington State) with the third rounder had this been a Mock. However, it is a Best Case Scenario, so most rounds will often include players that you wouldn't expect to fall.

19. LebaneseFF

I agree with Xavier Su'a-Filo. Also with Deone Bucannon. I have other DB's and G I like.

I also think ILB might be a position of need and if the right player drops we need to pounce. I am all for drafting best available but with caution. This year I think the caution needs to be on the WR's we have a good core right now and can easily address it next year. Right now focus is DB and OL

20. LebaneseFF

I do like Stanford’s Shayne Skov but with the 3rd round it's too early and the 4th he might not be there. I Am hoping for some draft day trades.