Round 1 Mock Draft Surprises

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by jondaneshpour, May 6, 2014.

1. jondaneshpour

jondaneshpour Rookie

Houston Texans QB Johnny Manziel Texas A&M St. Louis Rams DE Jadeveon Clowney South Carolina Jacksonville Jaguars WR Sammy Watkins Clemson Cleveland Browns LB Khalil Mack Buffalo Oakland Raiders OT Greg Robinson Auburn Atlanta Falcons OT Jake Matthews Texas A&M Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Mike Evans Texas A&M Minnesota Vikings QB Blake Bortles UCF […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Dallas is smittened with Barr and wont pass at 16

I could even see them trading up

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

You've got Arizona taking QB Derek Carr at #20 and the the talk of a QB at #20 is growing down here. Would I be surprised? I'd laugh my arse off with greater needs on the defense. If Arians is true to his word, don't really see how Carr or any other QB is "best available" at #20. Prefer Dee Ford, but whatever speed rusher is available at #20 I'm on board.
    @Jihad Joe - Why Barr over Ford or Shazier cuz I want the Cards to take whoever the Cowboys pass on (assuming it's an OLB)?

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Shazier is LB. Cowboys could take him, but Donald and Barr will probobly have to be unattainable and they may even take Elay over Shazier. I do like Shazier though.

Barr VS Ford isnt even close. Ford is a solid DE/ Olb prospect, but not an elite pass rusher. Good bet he is a top 20 pass rusher in the NFL but will never be top 5. Barr on the other hand has the abilty and production of a top 5 pick, he just needs to work on his technique having only played defense 2 years. He is every bit as good a prospect as Ware was coming out of Troy

markaz likes this.
  5. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

When I saw Manziel at #1 I stopped reading :ROTFLMAO:

6. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Only reason its the talk here is because of crappy guessing. Bruce Arians has said over and over that he thinks guys drafted in rounds 1-3 should contribute right away. Not hold a clipboard like a first round QB would. And they wouldnt pass on Barr