To Kill or Not To Kill - Speak Up Now

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Kurt, May 14, 2014.

?

Stop the Bloggers or Keep the Bloggers

Poll closed May 21, 2014.
  1. Yes keep them

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No stop that spam

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Yes keep them, but more news and less opinion.

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. I like pancakes

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

@LitesOut13 has brought it to the worlds attention that he hates the bloggers posting their articles in the forum. While the view count of those thread prove people are trolling them, I need to know your thoughts..

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Most of them I don't open, and the ones I do open I usually don't click the link to read more. I don't really have a strong opinion either way.

Diesel44 likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I say keep them, but post the whole article instead of adding a link to the article. We're now in the same domain, right? What difference does it make where I read those blogs? Most of them are interesting, so I read them when I can.

markaz, Omen and Kurt like this.
  4. Kurt

If I post the entire article (no matter the source) I get into duplicate content penalties and other issues. But I'll see what I can do to increase the length of the post, posted.

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

I'd take the rant much more seriously if the ranter was annoyed after he did some of the heavy lifting 1st. As it is, I find the blogger concern a bit annoying...

Kurt likes this.
  6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I'm with my primo. On this

LebaneseFF and Kurt like this.
  7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Please keep them, and maybe make the lenght slightly longer.

Kurt likes this.
  8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

We suffered a loss of members during the end days of SRW and the takeover by FKH. I think we can rebound and recover, we just need to get them to come back and give it another shot. More members means more activity.

No harm meant to SRW, he did a fantastic job during his entire run

9. Kurt

Yes we will, once the NFL season starts our OLD forum picked up a lot. I see no reason for that to change this year. HOW mANY MORE MONTHS!! Can't stand it!!

10. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Well, at the end of the day you can do what you want(obviously). I didnt really mind these post here and there, but it started to become way too regular. To the point that I looked at the draft forum and it was almost entirely all of that content.

I havent been very active here lately because of that and also the fact that it just wasnt as good to me. Less interaction between users than there used to be(at least in the draft section).

At the end of the day, it felt to me that those posts were less to contribute to this site and more looking to get their article/site some more publicity. You all can make fun or what not, I really could careless. I was really just putting my opinion out there. Carry on or change, dont really care.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
    Aussie61 likes this.
  11. Kurt

If this trend of "keep them" continues, we will. And I'll get them more focused on news topics and less opinion format.

I think they're doing a great job and while all of the content might not be "for you" others still enjoy it.

12. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

And thats great. No need to try and please me if the rest of the people here like it. I guess if I wanted to read their articles, then I would. If people here like their articles, why dont they just go to the site and read them?

Aussie61 likes this.
  13. Kurt

Great question! Here's whats up - the comments from the website get pushed into the forum - and the forum replies get pushed into the website - this helps promote the forum to people that only currently read the website - its all in an effort to promote the forum and keep it moving along until we get the active member count back up, which should happen this NFL season.

14. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I say keep the bloggers. They provide original and interesting content that for the most part I like reading. Imo the biggest issue that GIF has is the lack new members signing up that contribute to the site via content or just participating in conversations. This is something that SRW tried to address but it just never really materialized. When is the last time a new member signed up that wasn't already a part of KnuckleHead and was actively posting? It's been months or even longer than that.

Another issue is getting the news out there for people to read. I will point to myself first for not doing too much of that the past few months. Tried to recruit people to be mods and help post the news but didn't get really far. We had a big push late in SRW's run here to get the members to help with the news but they didn't really aside from a few. Just saying.

86WARD likes this.
  15. 86WARD

86WARD -

This...need more of the topic instead of intro lines...

16. Kurt

Ya I increased it from 55 words to 105 words. Let's see how that works.

New members will come once the season kicks off.. I'm 100 percent positive of this. I know of 30 or so that will be in the fantasy talk section. Guys from the FKH forum. No doubt

LebaneseFF and markaz like this.
  17. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Thanks Kurt.

Guys did you make game threads? for every game during the seasons?

That's one thing that brings users when the season does start.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

We used to then there was little activity in them so we only made ones that wpild be active. A lot of time it was only one person talking to themselves...

19. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Like @86WARD said, if it was Jacksonville vs. Cleveland you would have the thread start and no responses. Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia might have 200 post. Organizations represented by members dictated participation.

Kurt likes this.
  20. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

@86WARD and @markaz

What do you think we should do this year? I mean we have quite a few options.

A) create a thread for every game despite the posts we will get.
    B) created a thread for the games we know we will have interest in.
    C) create game threads by conference
    D) create one massive Sunday thread.
    E) other ideas

Personally I think creating a thread for every game is the way to go but I would love to hear what you guys have in mind