Cleveland Browns 2014 -- Playoffs?

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by Chicago Bob, May 19, 2014.

1. Chicago Bob

Chicago Bob Rookie

First, the disclaimer: If Johnny Manziel does not make it big in the NFL that will be the biggest surprise I will ever have experienced as a long time sports fan. I am not that interested in the measurables (and Johnny’s are very good) when we are discussing NFL quarterbacks. How does that QB play against elite teams – that is my first question. Manziel’s performance against that great Alabama defense, loaded with future NFL players, in a memorable 2012 game – that was all I needed. Best performance by a college QB I have ever seen. If I am the Texans at the top […]

Read the whole post here.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cue Jim Mora...

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

If Johnny Manziel DOES make it big in the NFL that will be the biggest surprise I will ever have experienced as a long time sports fan.

Diesel44 likes this.
  4. Chicago Bob

Chicago Bob Rookie

TJ: didn't catch the reference. Jim Mora, that name is certainly a 'blast from the past'

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

CaptainStubing and TJ like this.
  6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

If they should make the playoffs it would probably be in large part to a much improved defense. That signing of Karlos Dansby was huge. He's a known NFL commodity vs. Manziel and all of the other draftees. We shall see.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I think you're kidding...unless you're 13 or younger...so I won't call you names xD

86WARD likes this.
  8. smeags

smeags militant geek

division has gotten weaker so this isnt an impossible task.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

that mora presser never gets old. one of the best ever.

86WARD likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

That one and Denny Greene's "they are who we thought they were!!" lead my mount rushmore of Coaches rants...

86WARD likes this.
  11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

He did well against them twice,winning one and losing one. on top of that he was successful those two games cause they had a great game plan to counter the bama defense plain and simple.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

BTW - that "great" Alabama defense is a college defense. It's not an NFL defense...even a poor NFL defense it is not.