When sports news is not news: Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki break off engagement

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by SportsChump, May 22, 2014.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I was engaged once many moons ago. It didn’t take.

After many years of ups and downs, my long-term girlfriend at the time and I had grown apart. It happens.

But at least we didn’t send out wedding invitations. (I shudder at the thought.)

The same cannot be said for professional golfer Rory McIlroy and his former fiancée Caroline Wozniacki.

The two high-profile athletes were engaged, sent out wedding invitations, probably paid a pretty penny for them considering their salaries, then days later mutually decided to break off the engagement. Good thing guests hadn’t already booked their flights.

Feel the love at: http://sportschump.net/2014/05/22/s...oy-caroline-wozniacki-break-engagement/13906/

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

TMZSPN. Unfortunately, it's not funny. It's true.

3. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he saved himself a crapload of dollars by not getting married.

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Amen to that. Love the argument that joint return tax rates vs. single tax rates make up for the hit of that special person in your life takes. Right.

86WARD likes this.
  5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

no,i was talking about his pre nup.if he did not think the marriage was gonna last,why should anybody be pissed at him for NOT getting married? he is a grown ass man who can make his own decisions can't he?

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I had to look up who she was. Heard her name, but wasn't sure exactly who she was.

7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

She ain't bad lookin' for a goofy lookin cat like Rory, huh, Dawk?

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

He won in Europe this weekend. Maybe love and golf don't mix.

9. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

It was actually an impressive win considering, Rag. He was pretty dialed in.

I didn't mean to demean what the kid was going through as if it was unimportant. I was just making a point that we don't need to hear what goes on in these people's personal lives ad naseum.