The Official Brazil 2014 World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TJ, Dec 6, 2013.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, I hate NASCAR (NASCRAP), but I don't go to the NASCAR threads and troll the people in them. Do you think I should?

By the way, with a little help from the ref Brazil won the opening. I'm kind of disappointed, but hopefule that Mexico can maybe do something against them...

Omen likes this.
  2. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Great game for the opener.

Brazil shocked the world by scoring an own-goal.... :) they still played well enough to win 3-1

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

One can only imagine what Brazilian fans would have done had Brazil lost yesterday's game 1-0 because a Croation took a dive resulting in a penalty kick goal. Casual onlookers like me watch the World Cup every 4 years, but it becomes almost impossible to watch when games of such magnitude can and are determined by some of the worst acting on the planet. Why doesn't FIFA put the hammer down on flopping?

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Your wish was granted and the song of the Basilian team for this game, is by The Beatles - with a little help from my friends...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. smeags

smeags militant geek

what a ducking joke this sport is. that disgusting bulscrap penalty call was was enough for me. im not watching another second of this thing.

fifa is cespool.

Diesel44 likes this.
  6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

TJ, are you stil celebrating the win? :D

TJ likes this.
  7. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Are the Americans ousted yet? lol

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

Omen and DawkinsINT like this.
  10. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Holland smashed Spain 5-1...God only knows what Holland will do to Australia!! :shocked2:

11. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

World Cup matches for today:

Group C, Colombia vs. Greece ABC & UNivision 11:30 a.m. Et
    Group D, Uruguay vs. Costa Rica ABC & Univision 2:30 pm et
    Group D, England vs. Italy ESPN & Univision 5:30 pm et
    Group C, Ivory Coast vs. Japan ESPN & Univision 8:30 pm et

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I
    m still in shock over the throttling that the motherland took.

13. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

So these are the best players on the planet, yet almost every shot they take is 20 over the goal.

And the flopping during these games makes me forget about the flopping in the basketball playoffs. These guys bump each other on accident and drop like they got shot.

I'm trying to watch as much of this as I can. I watched 2 matches today but those are the only thoughts I had.

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hell yes!! Haven't stopped partying since yesterday.

I'm loving the level of play. They are averaging 3+ goals per game, destroying the pathetic average of 2010.

Bring on the brazilians and their ref friends. We can take them!!

Aussie61, Omen and ollysj like this.
  15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Just line up all your players between the goalposts. Maybe you can pull out a tie :D

Aussie61 likes this.
  16. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

This may turn out to be one of the most enjoyable world cups in a long time.In the past 3 world cups,the ball supplier has provided a "new and innovative match ball" which the players couldn't acclimatise to and goals were very scarce.It appears that Addidas has learnt from the Jubulani ball used in South Africa,which was horrible, as the Brazuca is similar to the ball used in the UEFA Champions league and has been used in many friendly matches under the name Addidas Cafusa.The goal average so far is great and the players seem to be more comfortable using the ball.

TJ likes this.
  17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

We are 3 goals up at halftime 8)

We never won a game against Portugal - history in the making....

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Germans, as usual, dominating. They never seem to have a bad world cup. Amazing.

ollysj likes this.
  19. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

you have already watched more of it than i ever will. i hate soccer with a passion!

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

well i played the game for years and loved it. but watching this flopping bullcrap is so annoying, i just cant get passed it.