The Official Brazil 2014 World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TJ, Dec 6, 2013.

1. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Win = 3 points, draw = 1 - do the math

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

What will be unlikely harder, than beating Ghana. Portugal is already in a must win situation, plus they are pissed off after yesterdays loss.

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The first tie breaker is goal difference. USA is at +1, and Portugal is at -4. That's why it's important that Germany doesn't score a lot on you.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

the US is probably always going to be an underdog in soccer. it's just not something that our best athletes gravitate to. there is so much more money to be made in the other four sports. i mean look at the US roster, how many are actually natural born US citizens ?

it is changing though, the younger generations are getting into the sprt alot more. my generation was the first the really be involved but it was at a little league level.

again our team is playing with house money at this point so i have no complaints.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  5. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Great job El Tri

TJ likes this.
  6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

The US will improve in the future, no doubt, but it's a progress that takes a few years.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

What a game...WHAT A GAME!! A 0-0 tie is not always a boring game, and it was proven today.

I'm going to name my child PACO MEMO, after Ochoa :D

smeags, Omen and ollysj like this.
  8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Congrats TJ!

Omen and TJ like this.
  9. Spiman2u

Spiman2u Chiefs fan no matter what

USA making it out of the group seems possible

10. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Of I'm not mistaken. 11 of the US players have dual citenzenship with 5 being born outside the USA.

11. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Brazil doesn't look world cup ready. 2 games and none of them really impressed me yet.

Here is my analysis of some of the teams after 1 game (Brazil and Mexico after 2): They are in order of where I Think each team will finish

Group A
    Brazil: It's really a one man show with Neymar. The other players are good but none are great, just Neymar
    Mexico: The goal keeper was simply amazing, but the team looks good in general, this could be a surprise team here
    Croatia: Many picked this team to be an upset over Mexico, the way Mexico played yesterday I don't see it.
    Cameroon: Will be last in this group.

Group B
    The Netherlands: The win was impressive but Spain looked much worse then Holland looked good (if that makes sense)
    Spain: They looked terrible and I wouldn't be surprised if Chile took the 2nd spot in this group. Huge disappointment.
    Chile: NA (NA means I didn't watch them)
    Australia: NA

Group C
    Columbia: I think will top this group, I think this is the hardest group to predict. but I also don't see any of them doing any damage past the next round.
    Ivory Coast: NA
    Greece: They looked terrible and still have a chance in this group
    Japan: NA

Group D
    Italy: Unimpressive victory over England, I didn't see anything to get excited about here. Balotelli is going to disappear at some stage and they will be left with no attack, they should still top the group
    England: Okay, I support England, but I give you the best losing team of the 1st round of games. Very impressive with the young guns. Sterling looks like the real deal.
    Costa Rica: WOW WOW WOW, They could take on England for the 2nd spot because they were simply amazing in that 1st game can it spill over to game 2 and 3 is the question
    Uruguay: Along with Spain's loss this was the 2nd most disappointing team of the 1st set of games, maybe Suarez will provide a jolt of energy in game 2 vs. England

Group E
    Switzerland: To me this is Swiss team is the best its ever had, I can see them going to the Quarters, maybe Semis. Very good team, especially the way they played in the 2nd half of game 1.
    France: I didn't see the French keeper, that is how bad Honduras was!
    Ecuador: Good team and depending on France they could trouble them for the 2nd spot, but highly unlikely
    Honduras: This was the 2nd worst team at the world cup.

Group F
    Argentina: This group is pathetic, if Argentina can't top this group don't expect them to go far.
    Bosnia Herzegovina: They are the 2nd best team in this group.
    Nigeria: don't understand why they didn't beat Iran, they should have finished them off, but couldn't
    Iran: forget about it

Group G
    Germany: Along with Holland, they were the best team of the opening round
    USA: Yeah I am picking them to move past Portugal. They looked good but suffered some injuries which could trouble them past the 2nd round
    Portugal: If they play like they did against 80% of the other teams in this tournament they would have won the game with 10 players. Too bad it was against Germany
    Ghana: I feel sorry for this team, it quite possibly is the best African country yet they are in this group!

Group H
    Belgium: The surprise team and along with the Swiss the team that could do some damage in this tournament
    Korea: NA
    Russia: NA
    Algeria: So if Honduras was the 2nd worst team in the 1st game, who was the 2nd. yup Algeria!!!!!!! terrible

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Aussie, are you watching the game?

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

@LebaneseFF I don't think Algeria is the worst team in the tournament. They played tough against the Belgians, and could do better against Korea and Russia. In fact, I think they're the best african team.

The worst team is Honduras. All these guys want is to beat Mexico, and maybe the U.S. They couldn't care less about the World Cup. They have a very nasty inferiority complex.

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Kudos to the socceroos, they put up a good fight vs The Neterlands. Too bad they finally lost

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

If Spain loses to Chile later today, they will be eliminated. Holy crap...

16. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Great game by the aussies

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Germany is all for this :D

18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

2-0 @ halftime, Chile leading :D

19. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Was Spain supposed to be good?