The Official Brazil 2014 World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TJ, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Mike and Mike this morning had a stat from some soccer website that put it at 75%. So hopefully Germany doesn't blow us out and we'll be ok. I'm hoping the rumors about both teams playing for a tie are true.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, if you do that make sure FIFA doesn't find out. They're tough against that kind of thing.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

i thought i heard that both games from group G being played simutaneously to help avoid colusion ?

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Great game, just didn't understand, why Portugal became that lazy after the 1st goal.

Think Germany and USA will make it to the next round, barring anything unforseen

5. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Yep, all of the last games in the group, will be played at the same time. This goes for all groups

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

thats actually a good idea which means fifa didnt think of it themselves.

Aussie61 likes this.
  7. Steve12

Yea they're played same time but in this case it doesn't matter because if USA and Germany tie they both go through no matter the result of the other game.

8. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Been switching between Mexico/Croatia and Brazil/Cameroon. Missed Neymar's goal just now. The Mexico/Croatia game has no score but pretty good so far.

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Well, but if they don't tie? Or do you already know the final score?

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Looks like you have no clue about sports - you don't play for a draw

11. DaBears22

Mexico and Croatia are really starting to get physical. Already been one yellow card on Mexico, might be others before it's over.

12. Steve12

Well if it's beneficial for both teams I'm just saying I hope they do. Situations like this ate why American sports have taken draws out of the game

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

This is the ducking world cup and no sandlot league. Neither Klinsmann, nor Löw will agree for such a crap.
    Not sure about draws in amaerican sports in general, but I'm sure there are draws in soccer and football

14. Steve12

There are draws but they're avoided as much as possible.

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Got to quote myself.....
    You play to win, plain and simple

16. Steve12

Right. Except in this case it's mutually beneficial to both teams to draw. So I'm hoping they do that.

17. DaBears22

Mexico just scored on a corner kick. Was sick. And the scored again. 2-0 And again! 3-0

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Serious, why should any of the teams give a crap about what is mutual? Again, this is the world cup and you play for nothing but yourself. Furthermore, there is an importance for the USA, to win this game, while a draw is okay for Germany.

19. Steve12

What's the importance for the US to win?

20. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

To become the winner of the group. Group winners doesn't play each other in the round of 16, but the other groups 2nd team, wich is the assumed weaker team. We will stay on top of group G with a draw ;)