The Official Brazil 2014 World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TJ, Dec 6, 2013.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Here's the prize money FIFA gives to each team according to their finishing position, or round. I suppose a good part of it is given to the players:

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_2014#Prize_money

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

So if my bad math skills are correct, that's $358 million total. That's a crapload of money.

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

That's only the money the FIFA pays. National football assosiations, hand out money for a win or getting into the next round too. Germany i.e. will pay 300,00 Euro ($407,000) to each player, if they win the title. Spain was about to give 750,000 each, but that's another story :D

The Brasil vs Columbia game, was played very hard and the Spanish referee let it went on this way. Too bad it finally ended into Neymar got serious hurt and the Columbian player didn't even get carded.

I would have preferred, to play vs Columbia, so we didn't have to play vs the whole stadium too. Furthermore, I hope we get a better referee, because this kind of foul-football isn't exactly what we like to play

@TJ, game will start at 10 pm here, so that's okay

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Sometimes these soccer (football) referees make NFL referees look like the most highly skilled and highly trained professionals on the planet. I just want to see a flop-free, injury-free, hard fought match. GO...........
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  5. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

I'm still confident in my earlier pick of Argentina to win it all.

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Kudos to Costa Rica. They played with way more heart then the Dutch, only to loose the penalty shootout.

So we're going to have two S. America vs Europe semin-finals. Not sure if to hope Argentina beats the crap out of Oranje or we.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Germany vs. Netherlands is my final. duck FIFA and its objective to have a south american champion no matter what.

ollysj and markaz like this.
  8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Just guessing what Vegas money lines for the semis would look like:
    Red/Yellow cards: Dutch and Germans -200 Brazil and Argentina +175
    Penalty kicks: Dutch and Germans +125 Brazil and Argentina -225

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Marco Rodriguez will be the ref in the Brazil vs. Germany semifinal. He's Mexican, and the guy who missed Luis Suarez's bite...

10. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Any biters on Brazil or Germany? lol

I watched the replay of the Neymar injury. The opposing player may have not wanted to hurt him that much but seems pretty clear to me that the intent was there to knee him in the back.

11. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

No! An American referee, he probably speaks portoguiese too and can comunicate better with the Brasilians. :D

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

In the Mexican league he always seems to favor Club America (and old joke we have over here...usually the best mexican ref is the one who favors them the most), which by the way, plays with yellow jerseys...

Just saying...

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

We are screwed! :D

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Here what each German player earns as a bonus

[​IMG]

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

brazil all the way doges !!!!

only because that's who i got in my pool. oh plus duck the eurotrash !

16. Steve12

Idk why but I find myself disliking Germany.

Also, I really really don't line the Netherlands, only because that douche robben is a douche. And I think it's funny that I come to that conclusion do quickly during this world cup, because apparently that's basically the widely held opinion of him.

17. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Tonight's game is probably the most unpredictable game of the whole tournament. Brazil have lost both the only in-form attacker and only defender period for the game, yet with the embarrassingly bias officiating and Low's absolute butchering of the German line-up...I just don't know how to call it.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

It's because Germans are the wurst.

19. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

go Germany!!! polands not in the world cup but the germans have a polish player named lucas podolski

ollysj likes this.
  20. Steve12

Wow Brazil down 4-0 and it's not even 30 minutes in. Lmao