The Hottest Quarterback Competition Of 2014

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by JosheeB, Jul 21, 2014.

1. JosheeB

JosheeB Rookie

The Browns made a big statement when they drafted quarterback Johnny Manziel just months ago. They wanted a big name player with superstar potential. They wanted a quarterback to be the face of the franchise for the foreseeable future. Incumbent quarterback Brian Hoyer is a good player, but he doesn’t draw that superstar attention that Manziel has been generating. So it seems like a no-brainer that Manziel should be the starter of the Cleveland Browns right? Not exactly. This is one of the most interesting quarterback competitions in the league right now because it’s pitting up two very different quarterbacks. Manziel represents the future, an […]

Read the whole post here.

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Should the Browns get off to a shaky start offensively with Hoyer taking the snaps, look for JM to take the reins. And once he's in he'll probably be in for good. Not saying that's the right thing to do, but it'll happen. I just hope the Browns don't rush JM into the starting spot and let him do some sideline learning first. Not necessarily from Hoyer, but the kid just needs to see how fast the game is played before being thrown to the wolves.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

How about Vick vs. Smith?

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

To most this is the best QB competition and I would agree. But this ain't my thread.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    86WARD likes this.
  5. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I agree too... hard to think Vick won't start.. he's the vet and gives them the best chance to win IMO

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

don't think any of them guys are hot.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

When did Hoyer become a good QB

DaBearsrule4ever likes this.
  8. Buck Fenson

he is better than Manziel right now. He has shown that he can win at this level.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Evidentially after Pittsburgh signed him as a #3 and then released him, his career was revived...lol.

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Hoyer will be the #1 QB in Cleveland until he throws his first INT. Then, guess who steps in?

11. Buck Fenson

probably a back up.

12. Buck Fenson

Both played decently last night. I was more impressed with Hoyer doing his work against first teamers. manziel did all right against who he faced. the media is reporting manziel will start next week so I will have a more complete picture of him against first teamers.

13. Buck Fenson

never mind. they are playing Washington next. Not a good defense.