Philadelphia Eagles considering switch to Kelly Green uniforms

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Aug 6, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Philadelphia Eagles president Don Smolenski was a guest on the 94WIP Morning Show on Wednesday and spoke about something that doesn't get publicly addressed too often: the possibility of the Eagles switching their jerseys back to the beloved Kelly Green. Here's what Smolenski had to say via CBS Philly

We have talked about it and there are some rules with the NFL that provides some restrictions that we’re trying to work through, but that’s going to take some time," Smolenski told Angelo Cataldi and the 94WIP Morning Show during an in-studio visit on Wednesday. "It’s there, and it’s something that we do talk about, but until some things change at the NFL level it’s going to provide restrictions for us. It is being talked about it, yes."

Changing uniforms in the NFL has become a lengthy and exhaustive process. According to the league offices, it essentially takes two years to make the switch once the request from the team is submitted. So if the Eagles today declared they wanted their primary uniforms to be Kelly Green, it wouldn’t actually come to pass until the 2015 season under the current policy.

The NFL does a lot of homework before giving its stamp of approval. They exchange design ideas with the team; test the uniform on the field, inspecting how it looks from every seat in the stadium (both indoors and out, at night and during the day), and how it looks on camera; they want to see how it would appear in stores, and get player feedback.

Source: http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...les-kelly-green-uniforms-switch-consideration

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm not an Eagles fan, but I support this move!n

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

sure. why not. might be a good luck charm for them. might be good for one interception for Jenkins. anything to make the team more money from jersey sales.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

They've talked about this for years. Supposedly Christina Lurie was all for it. Hopefully it was already sent to the NFL before this offseason to speed things up.

5. Buck Fenson

what color do you use now?

6. DawkinsINT

Midnight green.

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I always liked the black eagles jersey. The lighter green is cool too.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

the sale of merchandise from this move would be off the charts.

9. Steve12

I'd be sure to go pick myself up a Freddy Mitchell.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I thought it was the opposite and she was against it and that's why they went with that garbage they have now...?

11. DawkinsINT

You're probably right. I know one of them liked them and one didn't. I don't remember for sure who did and who didn't.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I could be wrong...but she's out of the picture now right? So it makes sense. Also would make sense if Lurie showed up in those Jerrah Jones pictures.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

She's still part of the organization, it was in their divorce settlement. I think she oversees most of the charity work and stuff like that though.

14. Buck Fenson

eating a bowl of lucky charms? LMAO

15. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I like the Kelly greens but honestly I like our unis now I might be the only one that feels that way but I also basicly started watching football in like 2000.

16. Steve12

Is the name of the color and the coach a coincidence? Like now they want to change because Kelly is their coach?

I support this change way more than the Broncos going from blue to Orange. I liked the blue more.

17. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I'd love to see the NFL allow the Univ. of Oregon approach to unis.

Steve12 likes this.
  18. Buck Fenson

[​IMG]

86WARD likes this.
  19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Da Fuq happened to you?!?

20. Steve12

I'd like it maybe on a little smaller scale. I don't want a different uni every game.