Multiple bets in vBookie?

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by yisman, May 27, 2007.

1. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

is there a way to allow multiple bets on the same game? I've seen it on other forums. Sometimes I bet what I have on a game, and then I get more cash later but I can't bet anymore because I bet once on it.

yajn

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yisman, we're cfreaking on it...not sure if it's another mod that needs to be put in place.

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

When bookies are setting the bets up they can create more options to bet on and then allow multiple bets. This can come in handy so people can bet on the spread, over/unders and more all in one game listing.

This manual explains how to work vBookie:

http://www.xoxideforums.com/vbookie/68266-new-vbookie-manual.html

4. yisman

I guess I just have to ask indysteve to leave the box checked, then. thanks

5. SRW

And to enter in more options that you can bet on.

6. yisman

well, that's not really an issue for me. for most of the events I bet on, there are two options:

team A wins
    team B wins

I just need to be able to bet more than once on the event.

7. SRW

What...wait...what? So you want to bet on BOTH options?

8. yisman

that and be able to bet more than once on the same team.

sometimes I could change my mind and want to bet the other way as well.

and of course adding more to my current bet. today, I wanted to bet more on the mariners

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Wheres my VCASH? For some reason I havent received my payout from the 600 I put down on the D-Backs last night.

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I also think its stupid how you cant see the most recent posts in the VBOOKIE forums for each sport/event on the Gridironfans index page. I liked how it was before.

11. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

How the heck does this vbookie crap work? Is it automated or is indysteve collecting? If he is collecting then hes collecting too early and not paying out. I still havent received anything for my D-backs pick last night wtf is going on.

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I could have sworen this was the Gridirons fans support forums... is it not?

13. yisman

vbookie is never automated.

bookies have to manually input the bets and then input the results after the contest finishes.

so some haven't paid out yet because indy hasn't gotten the chance to do it yet.

14. yisman

GridironFans.com - 100% Uncensored, Uncut Football Forums > GridironFans.com Central > GridironFans.com Central > GridironFans Support >

yes. ;)

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Jesus H Christ..gave someone a chance to look into it Roy, it's not like you're going to die without your 600 for a day...sheesh

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Ok Roy, the vCash should be in your bank now. The bookie that booked the event forgot to settle the bet, please people be patient with us, this is new to our bookies as well as to you, no one is trying to cheat anyone for fake money, I mean get real here for a second, a post or a PM will straighten most of the mistakes up, and this is for support but a lot of us are cfreaking the boards during work and we're not always looking for mistakes. If this happens again, please drop me a PM and I'll look into it.

17. SRW

Just so people know, unless people haven't noticed, the previous site was a phpBB board and this is totally different. I have tried to give the members the features we all got used to and the vBookie mod is the closest thing to the Bookmakers mod. It never was automated even on the old site.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

yeah you guys owe me some fake cash too, you screwed up the Braves/Marlins doubleheader last night, you had the wrong team winning both games. It's a 20% daily vig, too, so the sooner you pay up, the sooner I call off Vinny and his baseball bat. [smilie=snitch.gif]

It took me a long time to choose an appropriate smiley. I was hoping to find one involving a baseball bat and knees, but alas...

19. yisman

Vinny with the baseball bat can meet SV with the machine gun and rocket launcher!

20. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I hope there's a way.