Vikings RB Adrian Peterson Indicted On Charges Of Reckless/Negligent Injury To A Child

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by DaBears22, Sep 12, 2014.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted by a Montgomery County, Texas, grand jury on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child, according to multiple media reports.

Fox 26 in Houston initially reported the story Friday, citing attorney Rusty Hardin.

Montgomery County sheriff investigators said they received the case earlier this year and that Peterson has been cooperative with them. The Montgomery County District Attorney's office told ESPN that Peterson has not been arrested.

The Vikings released a statement Friday saying they're in the process of gathering information about Peterson's legal situation.

Peterson practiced Friday with the Vikings, who play host to the Patriots on Sunday.

ESPN

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

So many positive NFL stories these days. Great way to start the 2014 campaign. I'm guessing/hoping that the child is ok.

Steve12 likes this.
  3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Hurry Roger! There's still time to cover this up!

4. DaBears22

From what I read so far on it, seems like he used a switch to discipline his son with a branch:

Yahoo

"According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the charge stems from an incident in which Peterson disciplined his son with a branch."

5. Charlie77007

Charlie77007 Rookie Premium Member

Which backup running back do you take?

6. Charlie77007

Charlie77007 Rookie Premium Member

If he is suspended

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Go to the fantasy section. This is for actual news. If fantasy crap starts taking over everything then duck this.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I guess he was really branching out in his form of discipline (eh?). I, in zero way judge him. Who knows how hard he hit his son. Probably sounds a lot worse than it really is, and a modern pc parent freaked out at any kind of physical discipline. I hope that's the case.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

But didn't they say he drew blood?

10. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I read that the whoopin caued the boy to have cuts from from his butt to his ankles

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Same here and to me...that's waaaaaaaaaay over the line.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

He drew a lot of blood.i got no problems smacking your kid in the ass as a form of discipline,and my grandma and mama tore my ass up with a switch along with my siblings when we were little along with my daddy tearing us up with his hand or his belt to me and my brother,i never got hit this bad. I Also have never hit my kids with anything but my hand and it was always to their rear ends.To me,he pushed it and he should be suspended as long as or maybe even longer than ray rice for doing this.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Peterson may have played his last NFL game...

4:12 PM PT -- According to the police report, Peterson allegedly sent text messages to the child's mother saying he "felt bad" because he struck the kid in the testicles.

"Got him in the nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I'm all tearing that butt up when needed!" the text said.

Peterson allegedly sent a follow up text saying, "Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has he biggest heart but don't play no games when it comes to acting right."

4:10 PM PT --
    According to the police report, the child told authorities he had also been hit by a belt and there were "a lot of belts in daddy's closet."

The child also said AP had put leaves in his mouth when he was being struck and that his pants were down.

3:50 PM PT --
    The Vikings have deactivated Peterson for Sunday's game.

3:34 PM PT --
    Peterson has issued a statement through his lawyer saying, "The charged conduct involves using a switch to spank his son."

"This indictment follows Adrian's full cooperation with authorities who have been looking into this matter. Adrian is a loving father who used his judgement as a parent to discipline his son."

"He used the same kind of discipline with his child that he experienced as a child growing up in East Texas. Adrian has never hidden from what happened."

"He has cooperated fully with authorities and voluntarily testified before the grand jury for several hours."

"Adrian will address the charges with the same respect and responsiveness he has brought to this inquiry from its beginning. It is important to remember that Adrian never intended to harm his son and deeply regrets the unintentional injury."
    3:00 PM PT -- The police report on the case includes photos of cuts on the boy's thigh and hands. He also had bruises on his lower back and buttocks, and according to the report ... Peterson admitted punishing him.One law enforcement source tells TMZ ... Peterson decided to discipline his son by grabbing a branch from a tree -- and then whipping the child on his bare skin. We're told several of the wounds were bleeding when the child went back to his mother.

2:31 PM PT --
    The Vikings have issued a statement saying ... "The Vikings are in the process of gathering information regarding the legal situation involving Adrian Peterson."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian...#ixzz3D9KxWjfF

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian...#ixzz3D9KX8j4Q

14. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

15. DaBears22

If he doesn't get jail time for this, that'll be the definition of injustice imo.

16. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

mugshot? if so wtf does people smile when taking a mugshot. sorta like "hey now I am a criminal. Yayyyy me." I got "whooped" like that when I was a child. My legs and back looked like that. I turned out all right. Now, where is that stocking mask at......

17. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

18. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

There is also an injury to the little boy's sc***um which thankfully there is no picture on line of.he has been deactivated for sunday's game but in my view,he should be suspended for the whole season for doing this if the league wants to be fair about things.I do not think he will get jail time for it though,but he should.

19. Badger

Badger Rookie

It was nice to see AP and the Vikes handle this properly: shut him down and have AP turn himself in. Its nice to see a team and a player step up and do the right thing, instead of waiting for the league to tell them what to do.

Steve12 likes this.
  20. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

injury to a nut sack. as in a rip in the flesh? or a switch mark? an injury can mean different things.