Vikings RB Adrian Peterson Indicted On Charges Of Reckless/Negligent Injury To A Child

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by DaBears22, Sep 12, 2014.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Does it really matter when it involves a child?

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I know plenty of people who got switched as kids and turned out just fine. This is not as big of a deal as it's being made out to be.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  3. DaBears22

Were they cut as bad as the kid was in the pictures? Imo that is pretty severe.

I was spanked and belted as a kid but nowhere near that extreme.

Even if the kid turned out fine does it make it right to draw blood on your own child?

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

does it make it right not to whip a child and let that child grow up thinking bad behavior is acceptable or that it doesn't deserve punishment. There were no broken bones as far as I know. I have seen some children act horribly, enough to be whipped like that. Telling their parents to phuck off and stuff. Hit another child for no reason only because they wanted to.

5. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

There's no way this is acceptable.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Smacked my kids asses plenty of time,my mama used to tear me up with a switch too,but my parents never drew blood when dishing out punishment and i did not either.He hit this kid all over his legs and also hit him in the nuts which they say also drew blood.this is way past acceptable. And let's not forget,last year one of petersen's kids got killed as a result of child abuse last year so you would think he had enough sense to not take his punishment to this extreme. To me,this is a lot worse than what rice did or what the two guys for the 49ers did.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Bet that little crap won't shove his brother over a video game again, tho.

8. Buck Fenson

damn straight. or maybe he will be the Vikings on Madden 15.

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I think the biggest lesson to be learned here is that AP needs to work on his technique, thats sloppy switch work. He clearly chose one that was too flexible and snappy, and he was obviously swinging a touch hard. He'll get there with some practice though, its really unfair of us to be judging him so harshly on his first go of it. He'll get better, just give him a chance.

10. Buck Fenson

but I think his son will be a free agent after this year.

86WARD likes this.
  11. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Although I don't think its necessary to whip a kid to this extent, having parental corporal punishment dictated by community standards in a court of law is even more disturbing. I got tagged by the belt when I was a kid and in this softer society even using a belt is under great scrutiny. Factoring in the well-deserved scrutiny of Goodell & Co. and it being 2014 vs. an earlier time I fear AP's short-term future in the NFL is in jeopardy.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

my grandma could pick out the perfect switch and pull offf the perfect swing everytime with a switch. she was so masterful at it she'd never leave a mark but would bring tears to your eyes.

13. Buck Fenson

after sleeping on my comments I feel that my comments were a bit harsh. I know child abuse does exist and there is no place in this world for it and the pictures do seem to indicate that AP went a little too far.

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Still think that there is nothing wrong with smacking your kids in the ass when they do something wrong. I smacked my kid's rear ends and my daughter smacks here 18 month old son in the rear end when he needs to be corrected.the vikes are really taking this seriously. this is a statement from a reporter covering them .

15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

1. There is spanking and there is beating. This was a beating. Pure and simple.

2. Don't be surprised if Goodell tries to rectify his 2 game suspension of Rice by throwing the book at AP. Especially if he thinks it will help save his job.

16. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

It won't. Then people will just wonder why Goodell is ok with beating women but not kids.

17. Buck Fenson

all Goody can do is give him a 6 game vacay. And that was not a beating.

18. DaBears22

It saddens and pains me to see people say that it's ok to beat a child to that extreme. Nothing that child could have done warranted being cut like that.....

19. Buck Fenson

dude, that was not a beating. get a grip.

20. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Even if blood was drawn?