The NFC East Race

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Both the Boys and Birds are making strong cases as NFC contenders. Only a bye week seperates them in the W/L at 6-1 and 5-1 respectively. Both tilts will come in the later portion of the season.

Some quick thoughts

- Eagles will get healthier on the OL over the second half of the season, and the Cowboys just got Spencer back and will Demarcus Lawrence will be available Week 9 so both these teams could possibly improve over the second half of the season.

-Eagles get dinged for unconvincing wins, but while it makes for bad press I belive it will the experience in close games will help them in what could be a close December.

- I like the Eagles depth an the DL and on the edge. Being able to keep bring in fresh players on the front could be key against the Cowboys OL and ball control offense

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

How about an NFC East footrace?

3. Jihad Joe

Eagles took too much of a hit losing Jackson

ragman likes this.
  4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Agreed. Look at his week by week stats this season.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Then compare it to Jeremy Maclin. Mac is having the better season.

6. Jihad Joe

The Jackson comment was just a joke.

I always thought Maclin had more upside as an all around WR

7. DawkinsINT

Not to Raggy. The Eagles do miss him though. Cooper hasn't done shirt. The offense would be so much better if they kept D-Jacc.

8. Jihad Joe

How has Mathews been

9. DawkinsINT

He struggled early on, but keeps getting more involved in the offense. He's going to be solid.

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

well,the gd redskins ain't in the nfc east race unless it is for last place!

11. Jihad Joe

Dallas needs a win tomorow amd im not taking this game lightly

1-You nevee know what will happen in a rivalry game

2- The Skins are being ambiguous about who starts at QB. Dallas has to prepare for two completely different QBs. That could even the playing field a bit for the Skins

12. Jihad Joe

Big week this week with the Cowboys and and Eagles coming off loses with tough games this week respectively.

With both being basically tied, both teams need to follow up their loss with win or else surrender momentum.

The Texans arent anything to shirt on, but the Cowboys/Card game is huge as it is a very loseable game and the Cardinals may be the best team in the NFC right now

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

gonna be a fun ride joe.

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

This Cardinals game arrives in the worst possible moment. Romo is banged up, starting defenders are landing on IR, and there's a trip to London the following week. Hopefully we can regroup after the bye.

I would rest Romo this week. If Washington's blitzes got easily to him, the Cards are going to eat him alive. Throw Weeden to the wolves...

15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Ed Werder tweeted early this morning that Romo is liable to miss some time.

16. Jihad Joe

QUOTE="TJ, post: 1647528, member: 548"]This Cardinals game arrives in the worst possible moment. Romo is banged up, starting defenders are landing on IR, and there's a trip to London the following week. Hopefully we can regroup after the bye.

I would rest Romo this week. If Washington's blitzes got easily to him, the Cards are going to eat him alive. Throw Weeden to the wolves...[/QUOTE]
    Teams tend to rally around backups in these situations. If we can control the LOS on offense like we have all year, Weeden has every chance to win this game

17. DawkinsINT

The Cards pass rush wasn't that impressive against the Eagles banged up line last week.

18. Jihad Joe

Redskins blitz alot. I dont think they got any pressure in a 4 man rush. But the blitzing was effective

My biggest worry is Peterson taking one back on a rushed throw

19. DawkinsINT

The Cards blitz even more than any team in the NFL because their front 4 doesn't get much pressure. Still, even with their blitzes, Foles wasn't sacked once in 62 attempts. They did disrupt him a bit though, leading to some mistakes.

On a side note, Maclin was very effective against Peterson. I'm not at all knocking Peterson, but I was extremely impressed with Maclin. He had such a great game.

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Petersons been kinda dookie this year tho. That whole secondary has regressed mightily. Im not discounting what theyve done as a team this far but I see them being a house of cards (ahem) moreso than any of the other current "top" NFC teams .