Who Gets The Fourth Slot In The FCP?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football Talk' started by ragman, Dec 2, 2014.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

It looks like Bama, Oregon, and Florida St. will get the first 3 slots in the first ever FCP.

Who do you think will get the fourth and final slot?

Baylor, Ohio St, or TCU?

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

First of all, what does FCP stand for?

It's down to Alabama, TCU, Baylor, Florida State, Oregon and Ohio State. The decision will be announced in a few hours and all I can say is I'm glad I'm not on that committee. I did an imaginary playoff where these six teams all played each other head-to-head and end up with the following records:

1. Alabama 5-0
    2. Oregon 4-1
    3. Baylor 3-2
    4. Ohio State 2-3
    5. Texas Christian 1-4
    6. Florida State 0-5

From this you can tell who I think would beat who. Purely a guess and doesn't have anything to do with who the committee will stick in the championship hunt, but why not? We've all heard the "FSU is undefeated, a win is a win, etc. etc." I do think how FSU won a lot of their games, even against far, far inferior opponents, would catch up to them in head-to-head games against this bunch. Maybe they would beat TCU, but I don't see them beating any of the other teams. I think Baylor is that good because their QB is that good.

So who do I think the committee will select?

1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. Florida State
    4. Ohio State (the Urban Meyer factor)

That Baylor and TCU are co-Big 12 champs I think will be their undoing in getting the fourth spot. And does Ohio State deserve the #4 spot. Absolutely not. I don't give a shirt that they beat the crap out of Wisconsin with their 3rd string QB for the Big-10 title. Ohio State amassed a 12-1 record by beating teams like Navy, Kent State, Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois, Michigan and Indiana. Hardly a strength of schedule that should put them ahead of Baylor and TCU. The same can be said of Florida State. So many of their wins were against crap and they barely won a few of them.

Let the complaining begin about the new system after the teams are announced. Should this happen again next year, look for those left out in the cold and the networks to start yelling for an 8-team playoff system.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

it's a toss up between tcu, baylor, and ohio state. i don't really care who gets the last spot but 2 of them are going to be pissed.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

First of all, it's CFP and it stands for College Football Playoff. My bad.

Second, just because the Big 12 doesn't have a conference championship game, that probably means that Baylor and TCU will both get screwed. That's unfair and a shame.

5. CaptainStubing

ohio state gets the 4th spot. i can't really argue one way or another. all 3 teams had equal resumes. there's really nothing that anyone can say for baylor or tcu that makes them any better than ohio state.

6. markaz

That is absolutely true. The committee saw it that way too. Even though out of the money, I was glad to see Baylor finish ahead of TCU in 5th position.

So much for the Big 12's motto of "One True Champion." Frankly, the Big 12 commissioner was arrogant as hell thinking he could blow off a tourney. Imagine what a TCU/Baylor matchup for the conference title would have done for that conference. Either could have easily gotten the No. 2 spot behind 'Bama.

7. CaptainStubing

The big 12 commish is a tool. I heard him yesterday in an interview say, "if we knew a championship game was this important, we would have done things differently"

What the f--k? He should be fired immediately. He screwed the conference royally.

8. markaz

He really said that? Just WOW!