Positive Cocaine test reveal for Jon Jones on Dec. 4

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by DontKnowMe, Jan 7, 2015.

1. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Mixed martial arts superstar Jon Jones tested positive for benzoylecgonine, the main metabolite in cocaine, on Dec. 4, 2014, a month before his successful light heavyweight title defense last week against Daniel Cormier at the MGM Grand Garden. The commission had randomly tested Jones early in the month as part of its initiative to more stringently fight performance-enhancing drug usage in combat sports.

Nevada follows the World Anti-Doping Agency code on drug testing matters. In the 2015 WADA Code, it defines in-competition and out-of-competition testing – a very important distinction.

According to Appendix One of the WADA code, in-competition is defined thusly:

"Unless provided otherwise in the rules of an international Federation or the ruling body of the event in question, 'In-Competition' means the period commencing twelve hours before a Competition in which the athlete is scheduled to participate through the end of such Competition and the Sample collection process related to such Competition."

The definition of out-of-competition is a little easier to understand:

"Any period which is not In-Competition."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-jo...2-after-positive-drug-test-075021247-mma.html

2. DontKnowMe

Because the test was done more than 12 hours before the fight he could not be suspended by the Nevada Athletic Commission and was still allowed to fight.
    Jones has also checked into rehab.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

So that Diaz kid is always getting suspended for weed, but Jones does coke and it's "meh let him fight"? That makes toooootal sense.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Cocaine is a helluva drug

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Helluva shirtty one. Never understood how anyone could get hooked on it. I mean it's a little fun for a minute here and there but gawd after not very long it just becomes straight misery.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I completely understand how one becomes hooked on it. It was my favorite drug when I did such things. It is misery after the first bump though...you never recapture that first feeling, and all you seek is more of it.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

It was simply not something I ever wanted to keep doing beyond a night or two, but if there's one thing I've ever learned in my many years of chemical experimentation, it's that what "works" for one person might well not be desirable at all to the next. Just the way it goes.

8. CaptainStubing

That's correct. Coke was always my favorite back in my wild days. Absolutely loved the stuff but a lot of the people I knew preferred other things.

9. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

10. CaptainStubing

The almighty dollar

ICECOLD likes this.
  11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Sounds like UFC is becoming too much like boxing.

12. DontKnowMe

Because the WADA rules suck and they probably couldn't suspend him legally. The funny the about the test is that he wasn't even supposed to be tested for cocaine in an out of competition test.

ICECOLD likes this.
  13. DontKnowMe

14. CaptainStubing

15. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

16. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Someone must have told him rehab was for quitters