Jerry: It Will Be 'Challenge' To Keep Dez And Murray

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by markaz, Jan 16, 2015.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Same here.

Diesel44 likes this.
  2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Same here I'll be 40 next week and I got the same treatment. Belt from my dad. Flip flop/chancla, wooden spoon or hanger from my mother. I turned out just fine.

Diesel44 likes this.
  3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

When my old man said "Go to your room' it meant the belt was coming. The belt was bad enough, but I could sit in my room for 5 minutes or three hours knowing it was coming. That was the worse part...the waiting. If he was alive today I'd sue him for mental anguish....and then he'd give me the belt for being a litigious pr**k.

Omen and TJ like this.
  4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

my daddy was the same way! i'd have rather got the belt right then than sat around waiting.like your dad,it could be 5 minutes,30mns or half the day,i know when i got it though,i deserved it.my mama could beat my ass till it bleed and it never hurt,but my daddy could hit me once and it killed me,not physically but emotionally! don't get me started about my grandma and those teeny,tiny,little f--king switches!
    i'd give anything to talk to my daddy 5 mns today and then all my problems would seem solved!

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

im sure you were all beaten by a stick until you bled when you were 4 right ? cause that was normal at some time ?

bullshirt, thas'ts child abouse no matter what era you grew up in.

my question is this ... is peterson really going to come at such a lower price that you let murray walk ?

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

To this day I still have a scar in my left arm caused by my dad...in his favor, I really was an asshole when I was 6 and totally deserved it...

7. markaz

I'm gonna start a thread in Crossfire Discussion because this really is a good topic that has no right or wrong answer other than it's the parent(s) choice.
    Somebody asked before me. Up until Petersen got hit with the child abuse (or whatever the charge was) he was considered by many as the best in football. And now he's gonna come to Dallas at a bargain price? Why?

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Apparently, because he wants to go home to Texas, or something...not sure if I buy it, but a man can dream...

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah i just dont know if the is going to be a huge difference in coin.

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I don't know about AP signing with the Cowboys. He'll be 30 in March. Studies show the productivity of RBs begins to decline at 28. Murray will be 27 next month.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

what he did was child abuse.he cut that child open with a switch,including rupturing his nut sack. he should have been jailed for that.

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

And, quite possibly, the cycle of child abuse will continue in that kid's family.

13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

you guys should not worry about the cowboys.jerry can find a way to keep murray,pookie jr and ap if he wants too.

14. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Hard to say what kinda market Murray is going to. The milage he put on this year may hurt his value, but it only takes one team to think they can get 1800 yards and give him 7 million per.

Peterson if he comes available could wind up a buy low guy.

Honestly Id rather not sign Peterson and it comes down to a reason no one mentions.

Murray is a ground chewer. Doesnt break off big runs, but consistently gives you 4 to 10 yard runs, with a 20 to 30 yarder sprinkled in. Perfect for a ball control offense that wins by winning the T.O.P. wearing out an opponents defense, and keeping their defense fresh

Peterson is a big play. He busts the 60, 70, 80 yard runs, but he's not as consisistant as Murray was in 2014. His stats would look better then Murrays would. May even break 2K, and I think he still has the legs for it. But the team wont be ass effective

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

you may be short changing peterson a bit there. i think he's a ground chewer as well. those big runs are why he has bascially always been in a league of his own over the other rb's in the nfl.

not saying they arent different backs but peterson can do it all, or at least could. people bring up murray's durability, well it's not like peterson hasnt had his share. of major ones.

i do agree that murray overall would be the best decision for the cowboys. the rb value in this league is dropping by the day IMO. not sure either of these guys will be able to break the bank.

although like you said there always seems to be a team. plus the cap is going up a good amount. not sure where the boys are in the cap dept.

16. markaz

I don't know much about Murray other than stats (and liking other player's wives) but would he really be willing to go to some place like Oakland or Jacksonville simply because of the coin if it was offered? With that O-Line in Dallas Murray could stamp his name as being one of the all-time greats in Dallas if he'd just bite the bullet on his self worth. If he goes to some dunghole team he'll probably end up just being another cap problem in the future for some team always looking up. In the short time Brady has left in NE I'd love for Murray to end up there just to see what would happen. Wishful thinking.

17. Jihad Joe

The thing with Murray is look at the history of guys who had as many carries as he did this season. Very bad. I think there is a very good chance he is a 3.2 yard per carry guy in 2016. If im certain Murray can get 4.5 a clip, I'd gladly give him Forte/McCoy. He blew up behind a very good line, but alot of people forget he was a excellent back behind some terrible lines. For me retaining him is just the fact that I think he hits the wall very very soon.

When all is said and done, I think the Cowboys will draft someone in the 2nd or 3rd

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah have to agree on the history of backs with production like that. a young back may be the best bet. again the value on rb's keeps going down. so why pay a guy a ton of coin. the eagles have the same question with mccoy. no way they pay him $10mil.

19. Jihad Joe

Ive heard he could be cut

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

Chip would never, ever do that. :(