Panthers' Greg Hardy Has Domestic Violence Case Dismissed

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by markaz, Feb 9, 2015.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy's case involving domestic abuse allegations against a former girlfriend was dismissed on Monday, district attorney Andrew Murray said via the Charlotte Observer.

Hardy was previously found guilty by a judge for assaulting ex-girlfriend Nicole Holder and appealed to have a new trial in front of a jury in a Superior Court. The prosecution cited a settlement between Hardy and Holder as one of the reasons to dismiss the case. In addition, Holder did not show to the trial, with the prosecution saying the state was unable to locate Holder.

The judge presiding over the case accepted the dismissal.

Upon leaving the courtroom, Hardy declined to comment when approached by reporters. It remains to be seen if the NFL levies any punishment on Hardy.

Hardy was accused of assaulting Holder, which included flinging her into a bathtub, throwing her on top of a futon covered in guns and attempting to choke her. Hardy denied those claims and said Holder was angry the night in question after being told to leave his home. Holder was under the influence of alcohol and admitted to cocaine use the night in question.

After playing in Carolina's season-opener, Hardy was moved to the exempt/commissioner's permission list for the remainder of the season. Though he only participated in one game, Hardy, given the franchise tag during the 2014 offseason, still earned $13.116 million.

CBSsports

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

got to sit on his ass and make almost 14 million.what a lucky bastard.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The authorities failed to locate the girl...and nobody is concerned about that?

4. markaz

Exactly.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

What girl?

6. markaz

The girl who Hardy kicked the shirt out of and threw in the tub. But because the case was dismissed I guess it never happened. I wonder if the judge is a Panthers season ticket holder.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I was being sarcastic...

But there's not much they can do if she doesn't show up or can't be found. In NC, they can prosecute with pictures, but they must not have had that either. I'm thinking that there was probably some violence somewhere in the middle of nothing and what was reported. Probably not as bad as was reported.

8. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

he came to a financial settlement with the "victim". Doesn't mean he was found innocent. Roger is not finished with him yet.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

wait i thought only white people got away with crime in this country ?

10. markaz

But apparently Hardy didn't commit a crime.

11. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Who knows maybe he 'disposed' of the girl.