Cowboys To Let DeMarco Murray Test Free Agency

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by markaz, Mar 1, 2015.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The Cowboys will let RB DeMarco Murray test the free-agent market, according to a report fromFox Sports Southwest.

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said that negotiations with Murray's agents have been "slow".

Jones said that Murray "is probably going to get some peace and see what's out in the market, and then we'll talk and see. I do believe deep down he'd love to stay in Dallas."

Murray rushed for 1,845 yards and 13 touchdowns last season.

CBS Sports

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

dallas has the best line in the league.wherever murray goes he is gonna be good but not as good as he will be in dallas.they would be nuts to let him leave though.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Jerry knows this. So unless some desperate team for a quality RB, like the Cards, are ready to throw funny money at him, he'll be wearing a star at a much lower cost.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he'd be a good fit in cardinal land.he puts the ball on the ground a lot though.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

HBs dont do very well after 400 touch seasons. Whoever signs him better be able to get out of the deal after 2016

Dallas interviewed all the HBs expected to go rounds 1-3 at the combine. About 90% of there interview list was HB's and DL, with a few OL and LBs sprinkled in. I have the feeling there isnt gonna be a DL worth taking at 27 and they are gonna pick Gordon or Gurley

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

gotta agree with joe on this one. history would dictate that murray could be in for a letdown season no matter where he ends up. i think the cowboys have more pressing FA's on their roster that they will keep over pouring a ton of cap money into murray.

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

they will really be stretching it should they go after gurley after the way he shredded his knee last year.i still think keeping murray would be their best option cause he already knows the system.guess we will not find out till september though.

8. Jihad Joe

Ive heard before he should be ready by camp. If he will be he will be a first rounder. If not he will be a 2nd IMO

I expect to see an investment in the position, likley a pick in the top 2 rounds. They won 12 games getting 2100 yards out of there top 2 backs. I think you can get an effective 600 from Randle, but they need a top bell cow. With our OL, I expect 1,300 yards from a rookie of we draft that high

9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Also just read that Adrain P has formally requested a trade to Dallas.

10. Jihad Joe

If AD happens, im still looking at a HB in the first 3 rounds

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Just bet that they will ask 10 kings ransoms for him.dallas gave up two 1st rounders a few years back from the wr from the lions that never worked out,i forget his name. roy williams maybe?

12. Jihad Joe

He is practically untradable at his salary.

Word is they are going to cut him.

He was a Ewing Factor for them anyway

13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i do not think they will flat out cut him cause he is worth too much as a member of the team.they will keep him and force somebody to trade for him cause it makes no sense to just cut him.

14. Jihad Joe

They will eat way too much money trading him his cap # is too high and he wants out so he is not going to restructure.

15. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Someone will throw stupid money at murray I'm sure