Browns Reportedly Discussing Trade To Move To Number Two Pick In The Draft

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by DaBears22, Apr 29, 2015.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

The Cleveland Browns have discussed trading with the Tennessee Titans to move up to the second spot in the NFL draft so the Browns can take quarterback Marcus Mariota, a source familiar with the discussions said Wednesday.

The Browns, according to the source, made an offer to the Titans that includes the team's two first-round picks -- 12th and 19th overall.

Both teams privately denied the report. A source with the Titans told ESPN's Paul Kuharsky that the Browns had not made an offer for the No. 2 overall pick, and another source close to the Browns said there have been no substantive talks with the Titans - claiming that these discussions commonly take place as the draft approaches. ESPN's source, however, said the talks were more substantive than that.

ESPN

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

If the Browns get Mariota, will Jerry fulfill his dream from last year and go after Manziel? Maybe we could get him for a mid-round pick?

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Don't think the Eagles have that kind of ammo to get up past the Browns...unless Cleveland wants to get Mariotta and rape the Eagles...lol

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The Browns supposedly are big on Bradford. This was talked about a couple of months ago.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

They are doing it for the Eagles?

6. DawkinsINT

According to some lol

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Maybe they feel they can get more out of Philadelphia if they actually have Mariotta in hand than letting the Eagles do all the work?

8. DawkinsINT

Who knows what anyone really thinks. There is so must posturing and misdirection that goes on before the draft. Time to wait and see what happens tomorrow night.

86WARD likes this.
  9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I don't see Tennesse taking any trade and pass on a potential franchise QB.

10. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Suck it Manziel.

11. Buck Fenson

do you really want him on your team?

12. Buck Fenson

[​IMG]

13. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Personally I am a guy who thinks Manziel has the ability to be am excellent NFL starter, and his rookie year when exactly as I expected it would. So I personally wouldnt hate the idea for say a 4th

Manziel has all the physical tools but on the field he isnt ready to be a traditional QB. He needs learn how to throw more effectively from the pocket so he can get more torque in his throw. He has the arm to do it and the vision to munipulate the pocket sub 6'2 QBs need. He needs to develope the throwing mechanics from the pocket to use that arm

Thats just mechanicaly. I give more pause to his off the field stuff then his skill. But IMO he would be worth a fourth round flier where you can only expect a back up anyways

TJ likes this.
  14. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Does Fran Tarkenton work with/mentor young QB's in the NFL? Seems like he'd be an ideal guy for the Browns to approach for working with Manziel.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Isn't Fran Tarkenton just an angry old man at this point?

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I don't know. Maybe?

I mean, Tony Romo is 35 years old now. His backup is Brandon Freakin' Weeden. He can't be worse than him!! And Jerry was very high on Manziel a year ago, and had to be talked out of drafting him...or overruled by his own son, who knows at this point? If Manziel suddenly becomes available, I totally expect Jerry to make a run at him.

17. Buck Fenson

glad I am not a scout or gm. I just don't tbink he has the tools to be a successful qb in the NFL. the off the field stuff just exacerbates the on field troubles. to me, he has no redeeming qualities as a qb.

18. Buck Fenson

If that happens, I certainly hope your locker room leaders goes to him and "impress" on him that he needs to buckle down, quit the bullshirt, and help this team win some games. to me, playing in the NFL is a f--king privilege and all those being chosen needs to understand this. grow the f--k up Manzie. I don't want to hear the tired excuse about being young. fine. be young and work at a Home Depot or something. you are getting paid a ton of money to do a f--king job. have some pride. Now, saying all that,

Cowboys can suck it. :lol:

19. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

big rumor that by the end of the day,sam bradford will be cleveland's starting qb. I do not think manzel ends up in dallas cause jerry's kid is running things along with jerry. I Hate the cowboys,but they are not stupid enough to go after manzel.

20. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Im not saying he was pro ready by any stretch. He could have been successful last year if the ran a college offense like Washington did RG3's rookie year, but look where it got him.

He needed a MINIMUM one year of pro development, more likely two. The physical tools are all there though