Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SRW, Nov 11, 2012.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Luke turning to the dark side is too predictable IMO. I would be disappointed if it went that route...I feel like that's the easy way out.

Omen and TJ like this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It weirds me out a little that some adults care so much about the plot line for a movie franchise that has always been geared towards young kids and teenagers. When I was a kid and saw Star Wars in the theater, I was blown away upon the Storm Troopers invading. I thought it was the best thing ever. Then as I got older and ewoks and shirt got introduced...I thought it was some pretty silly stuff. I realized, "Oh yeah...this is for kids.". It lost almost all of its luster for me once I grew pubes.

I like JJ Abrams. The trailer looks cool. I'll most likely watch this in the theater because he's doing this one. But I certainly won't watch it on the first weekend or anything like these faux-nerds/geeks who think that Big Bang Theory is clever.

I know I'm probably coming off as being judgmental, but I don't mean it that way. I honestly just do not understand why an adult would care so much about this film outside of, "this looks kinda cool".

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I am one these who loves these movies and will see it on opening day with my wife and kids.

I do hate Big Bang theory show I never been able to get through one episode.

4. Omen

Don't think they're going that route. He does experiment with it in the books but I read that JJ said to hell with the books.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I read somewhere that the plot could be that Luke is hidden in seclusion somewhere and that Han and Chewie are trying to find him to help battle this Kylo Ren villain.

Omen likes this.
  6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I love these movies as well and want to take the kids to see it, however, they may be too young...I want to watch it first but I've shown them the trailers and this is all they can talk about right now...lol

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

not sure if there are any clone wars cartoon or rebels fans out there. I was very skeptical about Rebels but am really enjoying it and love watching it with my kids.

Here's the Season 2 Preview:

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I really enjoyed Rebels...so much that I went back and watched the final two clone wars seasons. I feel like a 10-year old again LOL

86WARD likes this.
  9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I tried to watch Big Bang Theory but never made it through a single episode. That's one of the worst things I've ever seen in any visual medium anywhere ever. Love Star Wars. Like not just like like, but looooooooooooove. Hate the prequels, but the original three are like an integral part of me as a human being, and I have high hopes for the new series and universe. Its looking f--king ill so far.

Omen and Steve12 like this.
  10. smeags

smeags militant geek

i loved clone wars. re-watching it with my 8yr old after watching the first season of rebels with him.

dawk - star wars wasnt just for kids when it came out, lucas was lured to the darkside by changing what was supposed to be wookies and turned them into ewoks. f--king hated that he did that.

as far as the plot one part of hopes they do go with luke turning because it shows the true extent of darth sidious' power. but another side of me would like to see it go in another direction. i have confidence in abrams after the way he handled star trek.

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Ive heard there is no Sith and that the antagonist are " Jedi Hunters"

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

thought they showed a masked person using a light saber ?

could be though, the bounty hunters - boba fets people - would have reason in their minds to go after the remaining jedis and it could be possible that fet's father, who was the DNA donor, had a sub-program put into the clones in case the emporer failed.

13. Omen

There is a sith apprentice. If I'm not mistaken. The dude with the red saber.

But I could be wrong

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I read he's a "dark jedi". There's a difference......apparently.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

so a sith without a master or apprentice.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I read the same as TJ. There are Inquisitors that hunt Jedi...like in the Rebels TV Show. This guy is normal looking with his mask off...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

17. Omen

I read and will try to find it that the dark Jedi will be trained as a Sith by a ghost of sorts ala Ben appearing to Luke

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

There are reports that Boba Fett could be in this episode...pretty excited for that...

19. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

86WARD likes this.
  20. smeags

smeags militant geek

you just weirded dawk out.

DawkinsINT likes this.