Patriots QB Tom Brady Gets Suspended 4-Games For Involvement in Deflategate

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by 86WARD, May 11, 2015.

1. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

jeez. ok. it is against the rules. no matter how archaic and/or dumb the rules are, they decided to break the rules. There are lots of rules/laws I don't agree with. Helmet law sucks, pot is illegal, pissing outside can get you a s*x offender charge. but they are rules and I can either follow them or not. If I don't and get caught I expect to be punished. Same thing applies here. They broke the rules and got caught. I believe the punishment was not harsh enough. The covering up is what got the Saints in trouble. I can't believe that Billicheat didn't know anything about it. He has his finger in every aspect of the team. Coach Payton was told to quit the performance pool and he went to Gregg Williams and told him to quit. He was under the assumption it was terminated. He didn't know it was continuing, if it did at all. The only word that it happened was from a vindictive fired coach. Anyone who knew him knew his ego was humongous. Payton said he didn't know and got a year. Billicheat, after previous cheating scandals, said he didn't know and he was believed. The draft picks don't mean shirt. Their first round is more like a second rounder anyway. anyway, whatever is done is done. The thing is that say you got a ticket for careless and reckless. first ever ticket. you go to court and the judge gives you a fine of 1000 dollars and a year in jail. wouldn't happen but let's say it did. then someone else has multiple tickets for the same offense and they got a 50 dollar fine and 1 month in jail. don't seem right correct? that is all I am saying. Yes, the penalty for the Saints was harsh but you shouldn't be able to go lighter on a repeat offender is all I am saying. I don't see why the Saints defense don't carry scythes to cut the players legs out from under them and then claim ignorance. and as far as the investigator wanting Brady's cell phone. He said that was not true. He said he wanted copies of the alleged texts. and the "more probable than not" phrase, he said, was because that was what the rules said he could say. He said that if he was in a court of law he would have found him guilty. Not any probably there. Goodell just wishes he could have had all the paperwork burned like last time.

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Pats super bowl rings are in!
    [​IMG]

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Tom and Kraft and Belichick professing their ignorance is a complately different issue. That's where I would be embarassed a pats fan too. From the day the story broke I thought the most prudent thing Brady could do would be to statnd on the podium and say something along the line of " Hell yes I take a little air out the balls before game time. Show me a quarterbadk who doensn't take some out or puyt some in. It's our livelihood you muldoons". At least the charade would never have taken place and the onus would have been on the NFL to get the names of those who do tweak the ball to substantiate what Brady said. The Pats PR people should be de-balled for their "battleplan on how to take care of. There's two words in the English languge that are not synonymous. ....NFL and integrity.

4. Buck Fenson

that is my main problem. the constant we didn't do anything wrong attitude and nothing happened.

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I think the punishment has to more with the blatant disregard and uncooperative nature of the Patriots.

Brady was not asked to turn his cell phone over. He was asked to share text messages his phone wasn't going to be confiscated. The lawyer asked to go over certain texts and emails with brady and Others present. most other sports when an athlete get cought cheating they get stripped of things the Pats got off easy

Buck Fenson likes this.
  6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Agree. And just because of their platform of 'we didn't to a damn thing and have no knowledge of it' somebody should get slapped. I still think their PR team should be fired and on way of handlin it.

Omen likes this.
  7. Buck Fenson

they handled it just like all the other times they got caught cheating. deny everything and call people names and threaten to sue. back in the day I liked the Pats. Now I see they are just a scumbag team.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Big Shock Here.
    the little guys always get screwed and labeled scapegoats.
    [​IMG]

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

the patriots owner is worth 4 billion dollars,and brady is worth over 100 million dollars,not taking into account his wife's millions,so why the hell would people who struggle through life and will never be millionaires or close to being as wealthy as kraft or brady will be,take up money to pay off their fine? that people will for something like the bullshirt they are selling is proof to me this country is going to hell fast!!!!! take the money you are giving to the pats and put in your own community and actually make a difference that you can see!

86WARD likes this.