There is a Triple Crown winner in Horse Racing

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by Mike S., Jun 6, 2015.

1. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

American Pharoah ended a 37-year drought by winning the triple crown just now at belmont park. Second was Frosted and third was Keen Ice

[​IMG]

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Very historic and whatnot, but I can't be the only one the cared more about NBC turning coverage over to the Stanley Cup finals than the triple crown winner.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I didn't even remember that was going down today...:blush:

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

now off to the glue factory.

5. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

i agree, Dawkins. NBCSN also had the post race show on, so NBC should have went right to the hockey game at 7:00 pm

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I thought it was awesome. It's like he was letting Frosted think he had a chance down the stretch. Then as soon as Frosted got to Pharoah's legs it was like see ya.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Odd that there finally is another triple crown winner but the ratings were down. I guess not many truly expected him to win.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I would've watched but I totally forgot it was on and frankly, as much as I hate to say it, I don't think the media hyped it much...

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Not until his owner collects stud fees estimated at $7-8 million/year until he can screw no more.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Mexican jockey FTW

11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

So where does this rank as sporting events?

Is this a "we're all gonna remember where we were" moment or no?

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

there's a border joke in there but i've mellowed out in my old age so ...

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

not for me anyway. im a casual fan at best.

Steve12 likes this.
  14. markaz

No. I watched Secretariat win the Belmont by 31 1/2 lengths to sow up the triple crown and I don't think American Pharoah could carry Secretariat's oats bucket. A year from now I don't think anyone will even remember who the last triple crown winner was.

Steve12 likes this.
  15. smeags

smeags militant geek

easy there fella, secretariat, while an awesome horse, wouldn't have come close to beating AP by 31 1/2 lenths. AP has i think the 3rd fastest time ever at belmont. cant always go by times either though, i.e - the preakness races, AP's time is horrible in comparison but that had everything to do with the consitions, rainy and muddy.

16. markaz

I'm not even remotely comparing the two horses, just pointing out the utter dominance of Secretariat. Comparing side by side over generations is ridiculous.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah way too many variables. either way though, secretariat does hold the time record at all three races. thats pretty f--king awesome.