Ban The Confederate Flag but Support Gay Marriage!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Jun 27, 2015.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I don't give two shirts about the confederate flag or gay marriage. Neither is important to my life. I fully believe that those who care about them should have the freedom to express it.

What is pissing me off though is people I see in the media and Facebook and the like who attacked the Confederate flag earlier in the week and wanted it abolished. Then suddenly when gay marriage is approved...they celebrate.

Wanting gay marriage and wanting people to fly a flag that they believe in is the same thing.....freedom.

I hate these hypocritical assholes who only want freedoms to fit their agenda or party affiliation.

"I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I believe in civil rights for all citizens, but I do not believe in gay marriage."- Barack Obama 2008

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I couldn't agree more.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I personally hate the Confederate flag as I see it as a symbol of treason and I think it is absurd that it is allowed to fly in government buildings. However it is the right of any citizen to fly it if they so choose. I know many southerners that display the flag as a symbol of heritage.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. smeags

smeags militant geek

agree 100% on the flag being allowed to been flown at government buildings.

from what i have seen though, 90% of the people who display the confederate flag do it for the wrong reasons. to them, heritage is code for - "remember the good ole days when the monkeys knew their place"?

that said if they want to display it i support their right to. better to know who the bigots are anyway.

Jihad Joe likes this.
  5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

wow. guess me and my friends are the 10% who don't think that way. and don't act like the North was so Black friendly. Southern born and bred. We say Ma'am and Sir. We hold doors open for women. Not all Southerners are racist, you just notice the loud ones. Same as not all Yankees are homosexual loving, rude, obnoxious jerks. I only notice the loud ones. Personally I like the battle flag but any real Southerners know the real Southern flag is the Stars and Bars.

6. Jihad Joe

7. Buck Fenson

Ok. I take back the part about not liking homosexuals then. Anyone who likes musicals can't be too manly. But my other point is valid.:cheesy grin:

[​IMG]

Jihad Joe likes this.
  8. Jihad Joe

Im glad you got my gist. I posted that in a similar thread on the homer board a few years ago and one of the texas yockles though it was great.

Terrible, horrible waste of what could have and should have been a great movie BTW

Buck Fenson likes this.
  9. smeags

smeags militant geek

"I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I believe in civil rights for all citizens, but I do not believe in gay marriage."- Barack Obama 2008

you know what's great about this comment ? its not hypocritcial IMO, to me it shows that although obama himself doesnt believe in gay marriage, civil rights trump all, including his own beliefs.

@Buck Fenson - i know there are folks who fly the rebel flag for reasons beyond hate, but most don't and i am including those who live north of the mason/dixon line. either way though, i do believe you as an individual, have a right to fly that flag.

on the other hand, no goverment facility of any kind, anywhere should ever, fly the rebel flag.

Omen likes this.
  10. DawkinsINT

When he said it at the time, he was against gay marriage and thought they should only be allowed civil unions. Then a couple of years later he thought gay marriage should be decided by each state. I guess it doesn't really matter though, people do change and evolve over time. That very well could have been the case with him as opposed to just saying different things to whomever he felt he needed to cater to at the time. I don't honestly know. The only reason I included that was because I've seen people give Obama credit for the SCOTUS decision.

My real beef is people who want the confederate flag banned everywhere while wanting same s*x marriage legalized everywhere. They ride the train of political correctness without giving any thought to the bigger picture and feelings of those that disagree with their stance. They lack the ability to find a middle ground. To me it's a contradiction to want one type of freedom but strip the freedom of others.

SNPokc likes this.
  11. 86WARD

86WARD -

12. Buck Fenson

Man, I can't wait for the Zombie Apocalypse.

SNPokc likes this.
  13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Mississippi is the only state to still fly it at its Capitol and they voted on it with like 60 % of black and whites wanting the battle flag fing high.

It's just but I hate it really chaps
    My hide when people like to fly the flag of their supposed country. Like Italy's, Ireland's, Mexico's. Don't get me wrong be proud of your heritage but be proud mostly of the USA. I also don't believe in hyphens. Ugh

14. DawkinsINT

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

They already axed All in the Family and Sanford and Son. I'm pretty sure I could take Hogans Heroes, All in the Family, The Dukes of Hazzard, The Jeffersons and Sanford and Son and create a TV Network that gets better ratings than TV Land and about 25 other networks. I'm definitely sure I could.

DawkinsINT and Omen like this.
  16. DawkinsINT

It's f--king sickening that some people think of marriage equality being a sign of freedom while not realizing that what they support being banned is restricting the same freedom on others. The pussification of this country is at an all-time high. Freedom of speech and expression is what I thought made our country great. Now it's a witch hunt.

SNPokc likes this.
  17. Buck Fenson

shirt went downhill after giving women the right to vote.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

The pussification, obviously, has been there and I've accepted it. But this is just ridiculous. It's growing and spreading like a cancer...

The people screaming about flying the confederate flag just don't get it...it's not hard to realize the uproar isn't what some think the flag stands for it's the freedom to fly the flag.

19. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

It's funny that the flag that was adopted as a sign of love and tolerance has become a Symbol and flag of intimatdation and Intolorence if you don't agree 100% with the cause you're labeled a phobe of some kind

20. Buck Fenson

If you do fly your heritage flag then you should also fly the Stars and Stripes. They did the same to the battle flag as they did to the swastika. turned it into a symbol of hate.

SNPokc likes this.