2015 Eagles Off-Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Im worried about Mathews as much as I am Murray. If he is healthy Mathews is as capable as anything Murray is, maybe more. Murray is one of the better of not best grinders in the game. I dont know if there is a back in the NFL right now outside of maybe Lynch that is as good at killing a team 3 to 7 yards at a time as Murray. However I think Mathews is more of a threat to take it to the house then Murray

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

yep, on paper the potential is there for the eagles. guys with injury histories have to stay healthy for that to happen though. the biggest difference to me will be on defense. if the secondary gets its s**t together with that front 7 ? lookout.

3. Jihad Joe

You guys have alot of depth on the edge, and with a guy like Cox on the line you dont need to blitz to get pressure. Something that killed us when we ran a 3-4. If Dallas's front 4 lives up to expectations, its going to be very hard for NY and Washington to make any noise this year playing Philadelphia and Dallas. Williams is an All Pro, but the rest of the Skins line is a shanty. And NY's best lineman isna rookie thay got sodimized in college by our second round pick.

If Jenkins can have the same type of year he did last year he will take a lot of pressure off the CB's. If teams are afraid to test him this year, that will really shorten the field

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Although the injury to Scandrick hurts, the Cowboys are deep at CB.

5. ragman

You choked last year. That's my point.

6. Jihad Joe

Sigh this isnt a smack thread

Buck Fenson and TJ like this.
  7. smeags

smeags militant geek

I don't play for the team and for that matter neither did 1/2 the starting roster which is my point.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

so, the eagles look pretty damn good but, it's pre-season and I'm not going to get carried away.

one thing, if Bradford stays healthy he is going to be one of the top five qb's in the league.

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm trying not to get carried away, but it's tough. That TD pass to Sproles completely sold me on Bradford.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

I was a foles guy, not over the top but I thought he could play in this offense, plus Bradford's injury history made me a bit hesitant on the trade but yeah, that pass was sweet. no way foles makes that pass, hell mcnabb probably misses it too.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Right, busto Morris and s**t ass Carr and a rook. Super deep.

12. ragman

So, Eagles fans.

What do you think of the trade of WR Dorial Green-Beckham to the Eagles?

I think the Eagles made a mistake. He has a LOT of baggage.

13. DawkinsINT

I loved the move. Their receivers suck and they didn't give up anything for him. Nothing to lose.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

they gave up a POS o-linemen for someone with great upside at WR.

im good with that.

15. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Chip Kelly screwed them over bad personel wise. So they will just suck more this year than ever.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

Chip did screw over the team with his awful GM decisions, but the Schwartz defense should be good enough to get them to at least 6 wins. Many past Eagles teams have been worse than this.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

wait, chip Kelly screwed the eagles up personnel wise ?
    not enough to wear bags over our heads though, that's saved for the all-time sucking teams.

18. ragman

That's quite the offensive juggernaut you have in Philly, smeags. A grand total of 45 yards in their first 3 possessions against PITT.

19. DawkinsINT

Preseason.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

you know its bad for opposing fans when they start talking s**t based on preseason stats.