FKH/GIF Dynasty League Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Kurt, Aug 20, 2015.

1. the1tab

the1tab 2nd String Fantasy Guru

OK, legit question for the folks here...

I've been invited into a nasty, dirty, disgusting situation in a keeper league. Debating if I join or not because the deck is more stacked against me than anything I've ever seen. I have 2 questions, but let me lay out the shitty scenario...

Keeper league. If you keep a guy, you burn the pick in the round you selected him.
    2 Keepers.
    You can trade future picks.

The guy I would inherit the team from traded his picks in rounds 1, 2, 3 & 7 this year during last season. So I don't have picks in those rounds.
    Because the guy traded those picks, I can't keep those players either.

I negotiated a supplemental pick at the end of the 3rd round IF I only keep one guy.

The roster of keepers I would inherit has 2 guys who intrigue me as keepers, but I'm caught because I don't have a pick OR keepers from the top 3 rounds. Or the 7th.

I could keep Tony Romo in the 8th round. DO I DO IT?

I could keep Jordan Matthews in the 10th round. DO I DO IT?

I've decided I'll only keep one of them; I need a pick in the top 3 rounds to maintain my sanity. So the question is this: Which is the better value in a keeper league? Matthews in Philly or Romo?

Help me out boys... it's a big money buy in and I'm not sure I can stomach the headaches of having a roster built without top picks.

(as an aside - there are weekly cash payouts, so there is a chance I make a little money during the season without winning the whole thing, which is why I'm considering buying into a keeper league with so many handicaps)

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I just made
    My pick

Was on Phickin plane.

Kicking @86WARD out was bogus. Been on a business trip so I just caught up. That ain't sitting well
    I ain't quiting but B*tch*es be tripping

SNPokc likes this.
  3. PeteTheGreek

PeteTheGreek Super Moderator Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Tab - I'd keep Mathews

4. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Tab Id keep Mathews if you can replace Romo with a decent option.

@Omen thank you for staying. I deleted a massive amount of threads because it looked like one of our "fight club" threads, and it was just plain wrong all the way around. I anit faulting either guy, if its anyone's fault it was mine for not giving the newbies a heads up about the GIF clan.

the1tab likes this.
  5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

The thought crossed my mind because yes ward is my buddy we have been here since 2004-2005 and we are rough around the edges and we don't hold back if push comes to shove.

Walnuts, TJ and SNPokc like this.
  6. PeteTheGreek

PeteTheGreek Super Moderator Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Would prefer to pick again tonight as tomorrow I'll be almost unable to.

the1tab likes this.
  7. Kurt

Who's pick is it? Tag them in the forum, I out there tag names in the first post in this thread

the1tab likes this.
  8. the1tab

@apmv.

9. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

If it gets to me I'll pick both.. Highly likely I will not remember what I pick however.

10. the1tab

11. apmv.

apmv. Rookie

Sorry for the delays, y'all. I live in Taiwan, got a little different schedule over here!
    Stoked that we makin progress tho

Kurt likes this.
  12. Kurt

Business or pleasure? No worries!

13. apmv.

apmv. Rookie

I'm a missionary here, studying Chinese. Let me know when you are out here!

the1tab likes this.
  14. bcole

bcole General Disarray Fantasy Guru

I'll second that, we're making decent progress now. Can't wait for the season to start.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'm of the opinion the rosters should have stayed where they were at numbers-wise, or at least should unless we actually get into a time crunch up against the start of the season, which doesn't seem like it'll be an issue. Maybe if it's actually a concern, keep them as is (shallow) through the draft, and then add 4 or or however many spots to be filled by FAB? Half the fun of a dynasty IMO are the deep rosters.

SNPokc likes this.
  16. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I agree with that.

But as usual, am cool either way

17. Kurt

rosters can build overtime, also most leagues are not 14 teams, which makes a huge difference in available player pool if you do the math, to hard for me but ya... as of right now our bench is pretty darn deep.

and this is a perfect dovetail into my next question.. to charge or not to charge for waiver wire transactions - 1 dollar per waiver wire transaction -

18. Kurt

Im not that lucky!! post some pics dude!

19. Kurt

I think this is a world record for @PeteTheGreek sending text

20. bcole

bcole General Disarray Fantasy Guru

He's just perusing rookie receivers, I'm sure pick will be made soon.

Kurt likes this.