The New Hangout Thread - v5.0

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by 86WARD, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

love amusement parks.

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Ok I forget how to ignore all this stupid ass fantasy s**t in the new posts.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Me too. Can't find the option in the settings.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I just go to the threads that interest me and leave everything else alone.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Well I can't find the beer thread. @DawkinsINT, I just got a sixer of Grapefruit Sculpin. I remember you saying you liked the original, and it's one of my favorites as well. We'll see if the Grapefruit is any good...I'm generally not a fan of befruited beers.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I like their grapefruit.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

where did the fishing thread go ??

8. Buck Fenson

I would guess it went fishing.:dunno:

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

10. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Lmao

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

A senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertible out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he floored it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little gray hair he had left. "Amazing," he thought as he flew down I-94, pushing the pedal even more. Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a state trooper behind him, lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mp
    h, then 110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for this," and pulled over to await the trooper's arrival. Pulling in behind him, the trooper walked up to the Corvette, looked at his watch, and said, "Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a reason for speeding that I've never heard before, I'll let you go."
    The old gentleman paused. Then he said, "Years ago, my wife
    ran off with a State trooper. I thought you were bringing her back."

"Have a good day, sir," replied the trooper.

Buck Fenson, DawkinsINT and Walnuts like this.
  12. Buck Fenson

My life is sooo f**k**ed up. Life blew me and it turned out to be a tranny.

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Well, at least it blew you. Coulda been worse.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  14. smeags

smeags militant geek

well, salmon trip started on 10/7 but conditions werent that good. my one buddy and I did catch one salmon each on Friday but they didn't run really until sat. not bad though as my son and I caught six combined and the other guys caught another four. got my first one on a fly rod. nice bigass king. not sure how to post a pic from my phone.

15. Buck Fenson

Never caught any salmon. Mostly bass. Went to the Gulf a couple times. Red snapper. Sweet.

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Fly rod for salmon? Double or single hander? I got into swinging flies for steelhead last summer with the double hand spey rod, first time I've ever really gotten into fly fishing. A steelhead grab on anything is unreal, but there's something about them hammering that swinging fly on the surface that's like crack. I probably land less fish swinging than I do throwing spinners/spoons, which I still do a lot, but man it's so much more fun. Still getting the cast down, really, it's a big adjustment for a lifetime gearhead, and I'm certainly not firing off 100 yarders like the pros, but I get it done. A bad day steelheading on the Deschutes is still better than a good day doing pretty much anything else...except maybe getting laid in the sun on a tropical beach. Yeah, not as good as that. But thats about it.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

buck - its something all fisherman should try once. its addictive.

@Walnuts - wasn't really "fly fishing", just used a nice okuma fly reel on a 10ft noodle rod and drift fished like you would on a spinning rig, just a different feel when you hook into them. lost the first three I hooked but finally got the feel for the single action of the fly reel.

maybe one day if I master the art I will take a shot in the fly only zones. for now it awesome just using a different type of tackle.

well, time to start looking at the surf for striped bass.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  18. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

oh, hi guys

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hey, Mike!!

20. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

S'up dood?