Taking Questions!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by PeteTheGreek, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeteTheGreek

PeteTheGreek Super Moderator Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Hey Knuckleheads,
    Kurt, Chief Knucklehead, signed me on to answer advice questions during the week. I need to learn my new Moderator powers and generally become more adept with/used to the forum. As such, my learning needs become your lucky day! I'll be taking questions in this thread directly throughout the week (through this Friday)-- waiver, start/sit, trade advice, etc.-- to help me familiarize myself with the forum.

So, fire away!

-Pete

2. MasterElites

MasterElites EOT-Thu Feb 25th, 2016 Premium Member

Who should I start for the TE position... Ertz, Vernon, or Ladarius? Also should I sit Blount against the Bills? Thanks!

3. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

What up Pete

4. satrapis

satrapis Feb 15th, 2016 Premium Member

Pete.....you Greek re???? lol

5. dookieduke224

dookieduke224 Lifetime Member Premium Member

Hi Pete,
    Would you start Rashad Jennings vs ATL over Gore vs the Jets? How about Coleman vs TB over VJaxx @NO?

6. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

How about Coleman vs TB over VJaxx @NO - If Mike Evans doesn't start then I'm playing Coleman - heck I might play Coleman regardless

Rashad Jennings vs ATL - yes

7. clemdog1108

clemdog1108 Feb 26th, 2016 Premium Member

Mriiota or Wilson?

8. clemdog1108

clemdog1108 Feb 26th, 2016 Premium Member

Mariota vs Cle.
    Wilson vs GB

9. PeteTheGreek

Your TE question is interesting as I have all three guys on the same tier. I think I still give a slight nod to Ertz for a two reasons, with all things being equal he has the best matchup and plays in the most potent offense of the three though again, it's close.
    Sitting Blount depends entirely on your other options. Remember, Blount remains the go-to guy on the goal line for another very potent offense. Who else ya got?

Kurt likes this.
  10. PeteTheGreek

These are both tough calls this week. Let's start at RB, where I really do think Gore bounces back at home. Jennings found the endzone, but otherwise didn't do much last week against the Cowboys. Yes, Jennings also has a nice matchup at home, but I still give the slight nod to Gore, despite the fact that the Jets looked quite good in week 1. I own Jennings on a team and am not happy. I own Gore on another and was not happy with week 1, but will be trotting him out in week 2.

I really, really, like Coleman this week. I think the Bucs are 2015's matchup disaster- as in, you can do whatever you want to them. So I'm playing all my Saints. If it's my team, I'd play Coleman, but be aware that most fantasy experts will probably tell you V-Jax, and yes, he's the conventional play.

11. Kurt

Wilson every week for the next 4 weeks. You can't trust rookies over a top 5 QB pick, dude =}

If Mariota out scores Wilson in week 1 2 3 4 then we can start thinking about your options. Otherwise rookies are far to inconsistent and Wilson is JUST THAT GOOD

12. PeteTheGreek

An addendum to why I'm not happy owning Jennings: if you watched the game, Andre Williams and Shane Vereen got a very decent amount of work. Jennings was not consistently used (though did receive the goal-line carry from the 1). He just wasn't on the field enough for my taste. Based solely on what I saw in week 1, I think Gore will have more opportunities... whether he does anything with them is another story.

13. PeteTheGreek

Ne!

satrapis likes this.
  14. PeteTheGreek

Kurt get out of my thread! I'm a super moderator now, I can drop nukes!

15. Kurt

lol 10 4!!!

16. PeteTheGreek

I know it's tempting to play Mariota after week 1, but remember, he's a rookie quarterback now going on the road against a defense that's much more respectable than Tampa. I could see scenarios where I'd use Mariota over Wilson, but not this week! I want to make Mariota prove it at least one more week. I won't feel bad if I sit him and he outscores Russ, but I'd feel really silly if he has a bad day while Wilson is lighting up Green Bay on the ground (and via the air) which, after what Chicago did in week 1, is a real possibility I think.

17. PeteTheGreek

While you're here, I'm curious to hear your rationale for Jennings over Gore. What's the thinking there?

18. Kurt

@PeteTheGreek

Gore is 32 and looked every bit of it last week - uninspired and cramping (out of shape) - he also faces a stout Jets run defense -

Jennings has a better matchup - that's all -

Probably a lot of it has to do with my gut than facts also...

[​IMG]

19. PeteTheGreek

Jennings looked equally bad, I thought, and has two sources of competition for touches. That's my logic. But this is a close call. If it helps any, I'm using Jennings over David Johnson in a league.

20. Kurt

YA But Gore... and he didn't even get a catch... I hope that changes soon but until then I just trust RJ for a TD more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.