#cowboysUK Monkey Balls

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by smeags, Aug 29, 2007.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Why the hate, TJ? I thought we were on the same side. What did I ever do to you? SMH.

As for you smeags, the Eagles slide will continue on Sunday. He who laughs last laughs best.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

What hate? What are you talking about? If I don't find you funny then I hate you? SMH

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

rags, you seem a bit too worried about a team you keep claiming stinks.

4. ragman

I'm just not convinced they're all that, since they lost to the Lions.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

BS, you said the same thing after the eagles three wins.

for the record though, you're right, they aren't all that. this is a rebuilding year with a new coach and new qb. the whole season is gravy. I still say 7-9. too much needed at CB and WR to put the eagles down as a playoff contender IMO. plus losing Johnson will most likely be an issue.

I do think the eagles will win this week though.

6. ragman

I don't. The Skins offense and defense is better than the Lions, IMO.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Their offense is better, but not their defense. The Redskins defense is pretty bad despite last week. I think the Eagles-Skins game will probably be close. The Skins, and especially Cousins, have had our number, but this is a completely different defense now. Fletcher Cox may not play though, and that would be a big blow.

8. ragman

No Johnson and the Eagles CBs have trouble with the Redskins WRs. Should be a good one, which I'll get to see.

Where do you get the idea that Cox may not play? I don't see anything that says he's hurt.

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

stats don't mean s**t, the steelers offense was supposed to steamroll in eagles.

btw - this is the cowboys thread, why do you insist on talking about the eagles in it ? obsess much ?

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

THANK YOU!! Here I am trying to talk about the Cowboys, and nobody ever replies. I give up.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

TJ, you guys have a good team there. Prescott is better than any of the crap dallas rolled out there last season when romo went down. plus zeke is no joke. put both those guys behind that line, with those receivers ?

I need Tylenol.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Which is the biggest surprise of the season for me. I thought we were still one year away...we still need a couple of pass rushers. The secondary is looking way better than expected. Claiborne is finally playing like a top 10 pick, and I don't know if we can afford him after this year, especially if we take the cap hit after trading or releasing Romo (which at this point, they just HAVE to do, right?). Carr is also as good as gone (if we cut him, we clear like $9 million in cap space), and I'm not sure about Church's contract situation.

Jason Witten is finally starting to look old af. At this point he's only able to run one route. Contracts for Zack Martin and La'el Collins are due for next year, which makes getting rid of Romo's $20 million dead money cap hit as soon as possible even more important. I don't think it matters who plays QB against the Eagles, and for the rest of the season. Romo opens the playbook more, makes our passing attack even more dangerous, which will allow Zeke to be closer to 200 yards per game. He also is prone to mistakes and injury. Prescott has been playing it "safe" for most of the year. The coaching staff has. At some point the wheels will have to come off, and see how it goes.

What I thought would be a wasted season has turned out to be really exciting. The rest of the schedule looks manageable, with pending games against the Eagles (twice), Vikings, Redskins, and Steelers. If we manage to win two or three of those, we're making it to January, where anything can happen. We're playing with house money now. I totally expected losses against the Bengals and Packers.

I can't wait.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

so, Michael Irvin really likes zeke

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Good!! I'm not the only one!!

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

:thumbsup:

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

This was the kind of game we had no business winning last year. Dak finally looked like a rookie at times...he needs to learn to just throw the football away...sometimes it's ok, son!!

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

I didn't expect the eagles to win this game, but it still sucks just the same.

still, what a frigging game.

19. ragman

This will be a ratings winner that will make up for the SNF, TNF, and MNF games that have sucked this season.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

actually it wasn't, the WS crushed it.