The New Hangout Thread - v5.0

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by 86WARD, Feb 23, 2015.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

My mom is in the hospital. Need prayers. Feel like I'm drowning in quicksand.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Sorry to hear it Rags. Prayer sent.

ragman likes this.
  3. ragman

Thanks, Dawk.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Sorry to hear that, rags...I don't to the praying thing, but I'm hoping for the best for you. Hang in there, bro!!

ragman likes this.
  5. ragman

Thanks. I will.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

any update ? hoping for good news bro.

ragman likes this.
  7. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

keep your head up @rags

8. Kurt

Trade his butt for draft picks.. we use the injuries as an excuse every season for the last 3 to forgive him.. he's one of the highest paid coaches in the league and we basically are an average team (take away Brees and we're the BROWNS!) - trade him for picks and be done with it =)

9. ragman

Just got off the phone with the hospital. They said she's comfortable, in no pain, and eating more than half her food.

Yesterday, her doctor told me that they're going to wait 3 days to see how she is. Then, they'll make a decision as to whether she'll need to go to a rehab facility or a long term facility.

smeags and DawkinsINT like this.
  10. ragman

Just got a call from the hospital. Looks like my mom is going to a long term facility for 2 weeks. Then, maybe, back home.

Kurt likes this.
  11. smeags

smeags militant geek

keep your head up rags. my stepmom is in the hospital again, seems she goes in every other month so I get your worry. hoping for the best.

ragman likes this.
  12. ragman

Should be transferring her in about 20 minutes.

13. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

they did what I thought would be impossible and fired Vitt and Johnson. I knew the special teams dude was gone when they brought in the other guy. Looks like he is here to stay for the next few years.

14. Kurt

Okay firing LB and Spec Tm coaches will buy him one more season. If we don't at least come very close to playoffs I'm done. Trade Brees and Peyton and pray for Luck/Carr type rookie to grow with.

15. Kurt

that sounds positive, at least =/

16. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

eh. can't trade Drew, has a no trade clause. Peyton retired last year:rolleyes:. I still have more faith in Payton rebuilding this team more quickly than another coach. I feel he was trying to rebuild this team without tearing it completely down, trying to milk every bit of the last years of Drew. I feel that the team would have had more success if the massive amount of injuries didn't happen. Hard to have a good defense when 7 out of 11 starters went down quickly. You could argue that the lack of talent is Payton's fault, and you can dump some of that blame on Drew also, but Coach is taking steps now to fix the problems. At least he is trying. Most coaches are known to be hard headed, wanting to do things their way. A lot of their success will depend on the injured coming back fully healthy. PJ did show a lot of promise when he played that one game:wink:.

17. Kurt

@Buck Fenson "that one game".. strength and conditioning coach should be fired after three/four seasons of absurd injury counts.. I do believe we lost more players than any other team in the league the past two season combined. sO WHAT GIVES THERE? strength and conditioning has got to be a major factor in that equation.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  18. smeags

smeags militant geek

don't you two have a football thread you could discuss this in ?

obviously its the scheme that is to blame. so there. :popcorn:

19. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Maybe it's not too late to get Aaron Brooks back under center and give that a shot?

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

maybe the saints need the bounty system reinstated ?