Divisional Round Weekend

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Jan 8, 2019.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Colts at Chiefs
    Cowboys at Rams
    Chargers at Patriots
    Eagles at Saints

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Chiefs, Cowboys, Chargers, Saints (although an Eagles win wouldn't surprise me). Let the best weekend of football begin!!

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Not sure why everyone's piling on Jason Garrett today #TO. He won a playoff game and the NFC East, all with a third year running back, a third year QB then lost to a Rams team that was clearly better than them all season. I'd hardly consider their season a disappointment.

TJ likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

Home teams have dominated this weekend. Hope the Eagles can change that in a couple of hours.

5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

And the Patriots. We continue to count them out every year. Then the playoffs come around.

6. DawkinsINT

I can't imagine a team be more dominant over such a prolonged period of time as the Patriots. Just amazing.

7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I'd say the 60s Celtics and the and UCLA teams of the 60s and 70s if you'll allow me to include college teams. Might have to throw in Jordan's Bulls teams and maybe Duncan's Spurs teams. The Yankees over the years have slung together a fair amount of championships as well. But yes, I can't justify not putting the Pats up there in the mix. Imagine if they hadn't lost those two to the Giants.

8. DawkinsINT

Unreal how many players the Eagles lost during that game. I'm proud that they didn't get blown out. The finality of the season being over really sucks. Reload with Wentz.

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

T.O. kind of has a point. Only two playoff wins in 10 years (counting since he started as an Offensive Coordinator 10 years ago). Romo and Witten's prime was wasted on teams that fell short all the time.

Looking at the big picture, his tenure has been a failure. In any other team he would've been fired after the third straight 8-8 season in 2013, but Jerry brought him back out of loyalty, went 12-4 in 2014, seemed like finally having got over the hump, got an extension, and he crashed and burned the following year (injuries or not, you just don't go from 12-4 to 4-12 after losing a player. It's just bad planning and bad coaching). Then he got lucky with Dak.

2019 is the last year of said extension, and they're already talking about a new one. I'd take my chances. I'd tell him he needs to at least get to the NFC Championship game this time before talking extension. Yes, there's the risk of letting his contract run out and somebody else hiring him, but I honestly don't see it happening.

Also, we have Kris Richard in the staff, who already got a few interviews this past week, and is a hot future-coach name. To this day I haven't got over the fact we could've had Sean Payton in 2006 if Parcells had retired one year earlier, and he walked (and almost took Romo with him). If it happens again with Richard, I'll be so mad...

I honestly think the roster is set. If we get Earl Thomas (even the old, twice broken leg Earl Thomas) it will be a HUGE upgrade in the safety position. I think this is the only weakness in the defense. For the first time since there's salary cap, we have tons of space...we better use it.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I think I'll scream if I have to watch another Super Bowl with the Patriots. This is supposed to be fun!!!

Help us, Patrick Mahomes. You're our only hope...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Which tells you how hard it is to repeat in this league. I still think that given the circumstances, you guys had a really good season.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

well, that sucked.

go Chiefs.

TJ likes this.