The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Never heard of it. I've added it to my queue.

2. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Let me know what ya' think, Dawk.

3. DawkinsINT

I watched it last night and enjoyed it. The chemistry between Pena & Skarsgard was very good. I don't think it would have worked otherwise with some of the over-the-top cheesiness.

SportsChump likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Over the weekend I finally finished Community and I just wonder how I missed it back when it was airing. I don't think any mexican TV company picked it up.

Just an amazing show. Abed is probably the best TV character of all time.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

I loved the early seasons of Community. Alison Brie was very easy on the eyes as well. She's not nearly as hot now after losing weight IMO.

TJ likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I just saw her Instagram and you're right. She looks very different...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So I watched the new Space Jam movie and I'm not if it's the fact that I'm almost 40 now, rather than 14 when the original came out, but it really didn't do anything for me. In fact, I think I even fell asleep for a couple of minutes in the middle. Wouldn't recommend, but if you have kids under 10 years old, maybe they'll like it. I don't know. My 4-year old nephew absolutely loved it and demanded we buy him a ball on the way out.

Getting old sucks...

8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I went in with an open mind. I fell asleep a couple of times too but I do that with a bunch of movies so I've learned not to hold it against them.

The first was a classic. Plus it had Barkley, Bird and Murry as comic relief.

This one had a few decent lines that made me chuckle, plus I thought Cheadle was good.

It's gotta be tough to make a remake of a classic that everyone will like.

So was it the first? No. But I think, as you suggested, most kids liked it so I guess they'd consider that a success.

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I plan to show my nephew the original one and ask him which one he likes better. I'm hoping to get some of that recency bias from 4-year olds :D

I wonder where my old VHS tapes ended up...

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I watched two movies over the weekend: The Batman and Uncharted.

The Batman was the most realistic one.

Pattinson is a very solid Batman, although I think his Bruce Wayne needs work. I appreciate the approach of moving away from the billionaire playboy and showing a younger, still broken Bruce, but I thought it was missing something...all in all a very solid Batman movie and I can't wait for what's coming, as they're talking about a trilogy now.

11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I'm with ya, Teej. I really enjoyed the movie.

Zoe Kravitz wasn't all that bad to look at either.

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I just finished watching the Obi Wan Kenobi series and I'm so glad I did. It dragged at times, (bad for a 6-episode mini series) but the ending was worth it. So so much worth it.

It's ironic. Disney sucked at continuing Star Wars but they have turned out to be great at expanding it. Let Return of the Jedi be the end of the story and just fill in the blanks. That's what they do best.

I swore I was done with Star Wars after Ep. 9 but I could not just ignore a series about my favorite character in the saga. I might watch Mandalorian and Boba Fett after all.

13. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I just finished "The Offer," Paramount's ten-part limited series on the filming of the Godfather.

I highly recommend for any Godfather geeks out there. Pretty fun to watch.

14. DawkinsINT

I never even heard of the show until this morning. Someone said it was one of the best series they have ever watched. I don't have Paramount though.

15. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I get an SSL error (not secure)...

Wait, I think it's my job's VPN, I'll try from home later...

17. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Works from my end, Teej.

Lemme know.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, it was the vpn...sorry for the scare

19. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ likes this.