2021 Week 9 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Nov 4, 2021.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So Aaron Rodgers tested positive for covid, apparently he was unvaccinated and lied about it and now this could get messy for him, the Packers and the NFL itself. At least Kirk Cousins, Cole Beasley and all other dumbasses were honest about it... lost a lot of respect for Rodgers this past couple of days.

Tonight we have Jets vs. Colts and I'm seriously rooting for Mike White to steal Zach Wilson's job. White was a 5th round pick for the Cowboys back in 2019 and he only lasted a year before being beat by my new hero Cooper Rush. Last week was former Cowboys back-up QB week... I'm taking the points and picking Jets +10.5. I really think White vs. Wentz is an unfair match up xD.

For sunday the Cowboys play the Broncos and will be using the 70s helmet with the blue and red stripes. It will look weird.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Pretty lame week for matchups this weekend. Only Titans-Rams has 2 teams that are over .500 facing each other and Henry won't even be playing. Packers-Chiefs would have been interesting if Rodgers were playing.

On the Chargers-Eagles game, I'm mostly interested to see how our coaches approach things. Last week finally ran the ball on offense and started blitzing on defense. I don't want to see them go back to their previous bland approaches. That matters more to me than winning. I want to start to believe they can adjust and improve.

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

How long until we see Minshew, Dawk? Or is Hurts not really the problem? His numbers are far from spectacular.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

Hurts certainly hasn't been spectacular but he's still learning and Sirianni has done nothing to help him until last week. He seems to have more upside than Minshew. I think Hurts would have to have a completely horrible couple of games for the switch to be made.

TJ likes this.
  5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I teased the Chargers to +4.5 over the Eagles, alongside KC +5 and Cardinals +7 because I just won't learn my lesson so congrats on the win, Dawk.

I did another teaser with the Cowboys which I won't disclose unless it wins xD.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Teej...

That all sounds good... unless Murray doesn't play.

TJ likes this.
  8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It happens every year the Cowboys are having a good season: they lay an egg against a bad team. I'll never learn...

9. DawkinsINT

I love that we ran the ball but the lack of pass rush on defense kills the Eagles once again. The game was there to be had...ugh!!

TJ likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well I finally hit a teaser after 3 weeks in a row losing.

I have 571 pesos remaining. I'm putting 71 on the Titans money line (+350) because why not? I like round numbers.

11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

7-0 ATS... until Denver strolled into town.

TJ likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, I'm back in black after 3 weeks bleeding money...this was a weird week to be sure...

For monday Night I'm thinking about taking the points and the Bears +7.5 but something in my brain tells me that would be dumb...not sure what to do, maybe I'll stay away...

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yes. I should've known it was unsustainable. They always lay an egg and lose the dumbest games possible. 26 years and I still won't learn.

But hey, at least the Chargers didn't screw me this time...

14. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I have Steelers money line on the back end of a money line three teamer with Baltimore and the Chargers so wish me luck. All I need is a Steelers win to break even on my weekend. Considering all the upsets this weekend, I'll gladly take it.

TJ likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I should trust my gut more...I lost out because of my stupid brain...

We're on to week 10.

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hey, congrats!! :D