2021 Week 11 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Nov 18, 2021.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

We have Patriots vs. Falcons today, on a Super Bowl LI rematch. I mentioned in the picks I sent to SportsChump how the Patriots will own the Falcons for all eternity and the 7 point spread is not high enough for me. If I still had money to gamble, I'd bet a lot on the Patriots -7.

But of course, what everybody is talking about is the game of the week: Cowboys vs. Chiefs. Dak vs. Mahomes mano a mano (even though they'll never be on the field at the same time). I can't understand why the Chiefs are STILL 2 point favorites. Feels like Vegas is overreacting to last week: "Oh, KC is back to normal...good". The Cowboys, a top 2 team in the NFC should feel disrespected. Again, if I still had money I'd put a lot on the Cowboys moneyline...maybe include them in a teaser. Too bad those days are gone...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

That Cowboys-Chiefs game should be a good one. Seems like a battle of two teams going in different directions. I'm really looking forward to it.

Eagles host the Saints this Sunday. The Eagles have been the best rushing team in the NFL the past 3 weeks and the Saints are #1 in the NFL against it. Miles Sanders will be returning from the injured list so kind of a tough game for him to come back to. The Eagles have been much improved overall recently but still haven't won at home this season. This is a good game to show that they really have turned things around and would find themselves in the thick of the wildcard race with a win.

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

28-3 = 25. The Patriots beat the Falcons 25-0.

It's like poetry...it rhymes...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

YES!! I'm 1 for 5 so far. I'm only nervous about the Bengals and Giants picks...the others look very solid to me.

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Amari Cooper has been placed in the Covid list and will miss the next two games, against the Chiefs and Raiders.

Usually I would write a full essay about how it's not the end of the world and we can still have a good game, since Gallup is back and Jerry was smart and resisted the urge to trade him (re-signing him will be next to impossible), but this time I only have one word and only one:

F*CK!!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. DawkinsINT

The Eagles ran for 242 yards against the NFL's #1 rush defense. The defense is still pretty bad but I wish earlier in the season that Sirianni would have ran the ball to help disguise it a bit. I love the physical football this team is playing offensively.

TJ likes this.
  8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'll never get excited about a football game again...What a letdown...it's ok to lose, especially against a team like the Chiefs. It's not ok to lose playing like that. If you tell me our defense would limit them to 19 points, I would've jumped and said COOL!!! WE WON BY 20 AT LEAST,RIGHT?

I don't understand this team, I swear...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Teej went 2-3 against the spread this week. Ya' boy bounced back and went 4-1. Giggity.

Dawk, you got time to try this week? I'll need your picks by no later than Wednesday morning.

Oh.... and here's my take on Matt Stafford and Matt Ryan, if you're so inclined.

A tale of two Matts - Sports Chump

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  10. DawkinsINT

No thanks. This year I am being a "fan only". No fantasy sports, no pick'em leagues....just rooting for whomever I want to win the game. This is my first year being this way since I was a teen. Loving it.

TJ likes this.