2021 Week 18 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 6, 2022.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Week 18...that sounds so weird...

Here we are, last week of the season, the playoffs are pretty much set except for a few seeds and a play-in game between Raiders and Chargers on sunday night, but other than that it's like all other last weeks of the season.

The Cowboys planned to play their starters against Philly for most of the game but Micah Parsons landed on the covid list (bye rookie sack record) alongside Tyron Smith and Anthony Brown (not to be confused with his mexican cousin Antonio), and I saw pics of Ceedee Lamb and Amari Cooper last night maskless in a Mavericks game so I now expect them to miss the playoffs too. At least we'll have an excuse when we lose in round 1.

BTW if the Jags somehow beat the Colts both the Raiders and Chargers can advance if they tie. I totally want this to happen now.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Haha...that would be fantastic. They should just agree to a scoreless tie.

TJ likes this.
  3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT and TJ like this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

My dad reminded me of a precedent. In the 1982 World Cup two teams played the third group stage match fully knowing that a tie would send them both to the next round and they proceeded to just pass the ball among themselves for 90 minutes and indeed the game finished 0-0. Since then all definition matches in group stages take place at the exact same time, at least in soccer tournaments.

Oh boy...I really want this to happen and see if the NFL does anything about it...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

When the Chiefs just won the game and the screen changed their regular season record to 12-5 it hurt the purist in me a little. I'm getting too old for these changes. A season should only be 16 games! ..haha.

I actually don't mind a lot of changes because most add excitement to the sport. Adding an extra game though does start to skew regular season statistical records. That part bugs me a little.

TJ likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I said it back in august. 16 is such a perfect number. It will take time to get used to this one, if we ever do...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I can see them settling on 18 regular season games with two pre-season games.

I'm not sure why they just didn't do that instead of pu**y-footing around with this 17-game season.

That plus they should expand the roster but that's a conversation for another time.

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I missed only two Cowboys games this season. In both of them they scored more than 50 on a divisional rival.

I'm starting to think I should not watch them anymore...maybe I'm the one with the bad luck? :O

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

We'll be playing the Super Bowl in March by the 2030s. Just wait and see. No more preseason, 20-game regular season, games count since August...just wait and see...

11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

They're peaking at the right time.

Between the Packers, Rams, Bucs and Cowboys, you have four pretty solid NFC teams.

TJ likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, the Jaguars beat the Colts and the table is set. With a tie tonight both Raiders and Chargers advance.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys grab the #3 seed and will host the 49ers on wild card weekend (hopefully on monday night...if they play on Saturday, I can't watch :()

Philly will travel to Tampa, and Rams host the Cards.

The AFC is still up in the air with the upcoming tie...I mean, game between Raiders and Chargers.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Wild damn Sunday night game.

I'm guessing Chargerville ain't to happy with Coach Staley right about now.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

Unreal. I just can't imagine being a Chargers right now. I'm guessing not many of them got a lot of sleep last night.

16. DawkinsINT

Vikings have fired Zimmer. Not shocking.

17. DawkinsINT

And now the Bears are firing Nagy.

18. DawkinsINT

Woah..Dolphins fire Brian Flores. I didn't see that one coming. Wow.

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I don't know if last night's was the most insane football game I've seen in my life but it was damn close!! I struggled to fall asleep after that, too much adrenaline. This is why you don't make college kids NFL Head Coaches...they don't have a script for "what to do when the opponent plays for a tie".

Regarding black monday, this is why the Dolphins will never be good again. Flores is an amazing coach and they just didn't have patience with him. If we lose Dan Quin I'd take him as DC in a heart beat.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

In a very sad day for both Cowboys and Eagles fans (and Washington fans), Giants GM Dave Gettleman announced his retirement. The worst record in the league in the past 5 years. The Giants were a very bad team and an easy win for half a decade. He will be missed by everyone in the NFC East. Thanks for the memories.

SportsChump and DawkinsINT like this.