The 2022 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Mar 4, 2022.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Per Ian Rapoport:
    A new QB in Carolina: The #Panthers are acquiring former No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield from the #Browns for a 2024 conditional 5th-round draft pick, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. Deal is pending a physical. All parties split the financials to make it happen.

Not a bad deal for Carolina. Plenty of upside with little risk.

TJ likes this.
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

They already have Darnold (picked his fifth year option) and took Corral in the draft. It's an example of throwing sh!t to the wall and see what sticks.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Kyler Murray is this week's highest paid QB ever signing pretty much the same deal as Watson but not all of it is guaranteed and he'll make 100k more APY.

Any time, Ravens and Lamar. We're waiting for you.

Also...Dak's contract doesn't look so bad now, he's not even in the top 5 now (regarding salary).

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

I hate training camp reports. Jalen Hurts had a good first practice and we were going to win the division and most likely the Super Bowl. He then apparently had back to back mediocre practices and suddenly we are going to be 3rd or 4th in the division.

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

LOL yes. Dak goes from scammer to HOF QB usually during the same practice. Why do they even allow fans to see? Wait...don't answer that.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Deshaun Watson has been hilariously suspended 6 games only. The same penalty Ezekiel Elliott got from an accusation that turn out to be made up.

The NFL just can't seem to get these things right. What a joke.

7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Fantasy draft? I haven't had one of those in like 3 years. I quit fantasy football in 2019. Best decision I ever made. Better than quitting smoking!!

9. DawkinsINT

I quit fantasy football years ago as well. So glad that I did. It's so nice to just watch and root for whomever I want like I did when I was young.

TJ likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

How ironic to share how our lives improved after quitting fantasy football in a fantasy football site XD. Good thing no one is reading :p

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Me right now: Hey!! There's an NFL game tonight!!!

Me tonight midway through the second quarter: Oh, God...why is there an NFL game tonight? :(

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. DawkinsINT

Hahahaha...I didn't even think of that. I still consider this section part of the old site.

TJ likes this.
  13. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

BLASPHEMY!!! (he says while lighting a cigarette)

14. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It's amazing how the NFL keeps getting these things wrong. Even when they say "fine, we'll hire former judges and won't handle discipline anymore because we suck at it" they eff it up.

Watson shouldn't play this year. End of story. I'd even say ever, but I'm a believer in second chances (see Vick, Mike).

16. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Sounds like they're pushing for the year, Teej.

And ultimately, while we're pro union and player's rights, maybe it's the NFLPA that takes the hit as they're the ones backing Watson while it's the league pushing for a bigger suspension.

Either way, the way they structured that contract is confounding.

TJ likes this.
  17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Maybe fine him for the totality of his signing bonus but that's a precedent the union just won't allow to happen and would be a litigation nightmare for YEARS.

Maybe take away draft picks from the Browns...they gave him that contract.

The whole situation is so eff'd up.

But it all starts with Watson being suspended for at least the year. The worst part of this whole mess, according to what I've read (and wish I hadn't) is that looks like Watwon trully, genuinely believes he did nothing wrong. I can't get over that.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Michael Irvin just went on TV to say the Cowboys will go undefeated this season and this is why people hate us.

I consider myself a Cowboys fan...but not part of the Cowboys fandom. It will make sense one day, I hope...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. DawkinsINT

Irvin's been going over-the-top a lot recently. Last week he said the Eagles have all the ingredients for a dynasty.

TJ likes this.
  20. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Did you hear fans at the Jags game this weekend, taunting Watson and chanting "You Sick f**k!"

It's the first time Jags fans have had something to cheer for in years.