The 2022 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Mar 4, 2022.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yes!! I saw a video on Twitter. I hope that chants follows him everywhere for the rest of his career.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I mean, yes...I understand we're in the Hot Take Era and people will do ANYTHING for clicks, and views and ratings but that's just dumb IMO.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Watson's suspension was raised to 11 games and also a 5 million fine, and he has to go to counceling.

He still thinks he did nothing wrong...

Oh, and his first game back? In Houston against the Texans.

The business of football ALWAYS wins...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Awful. I'm sure they'll flex that game too. I hate that I love the NFL's on field product so much.

TJ likes this.
  5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

6. DawkinsINT

So the Cowboys' Tyron Smith may be out for the season. The Eagles probably have the best backup LT in the NFL with Andre Dillard. A Boys-Birds trade perhaps??

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, the report I read said "several months"...what, football season lasts 19 months now?

We drafted a tackle in the first round, moved him to guard, developed him as guard all OTAs, training camp and preseason...and you know what, son? You'll go back to tackle. Our bad.

We can't have nice things :(

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

This is amazing. Tyron Smith hasn't played a full season since 2016 and they STILL don't have another left tackle on the roster. They STILL move the right tackle or a guard or whatever. And now that we finally, mercifully drafted a left tackle they say 'you know what? We're good at LT, we're moving you to guard'.

At this point I can't say if it's negligence or just incompetence from the Joneses.

But hey!! The franchise is worth 8 billion dollars!! Who cares if it has 4 playoff wins in almost 30 years? It sells like pancakes all over the world!! It pretty much prints money!! And that's all that matters, right?

Ok, rant over...sorry about that...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I had a realization yesterday. It was like a Dr. House moment, I was doing some database migration at work, and it just...hit me!! It made me so sad, and angry at the same time...but it also gave me peace. This realization, which I am now taking like an absolute true will even be loved by other people here, and I don't even care. Anyway, this is what I realized:

The 2022 Dallas Cowboys are secretly tanking.

I mean, it's so obvious, right? Nobody can be that stupid. Stupid people don't make billions of dollars. They're actually cunning, and deceiving, and EVIL, and I can't believe I was falling for it!! Jerry is a freakin' GENIUS!!!! It all started when they traded Amari Cooper for an empty bag of peanuts. Then they cut the second best offensive tackle in the team, all of it to save 20 million dollars against the cap, WHICH THEY HAVEN'T EVEN TOUCHED YET. The Cowboys have the most cap room in the NFL and they are not using it. "We like our guys", they keep saying, until they don't and cut the horrible contracts they gave them to begin with.

But then this offseason something changed. Jerry saw how the Seahawks and Texans traded away their franchise QBs for a sh!tload of draft picks. He saw the Rams just won a Super Bowl with pretty much no draft picks and all the cap room for the next 2 decades already spent, and he thought...why can't I do that?

So Dak Prescott still has 2 years left on his deal after this one. If Russell Wilson and DeShaun Watson netted 2 and 3 first round picks respectively, how many could he get with Dak? 4? 5? And then armed with a gazillion draft picks, he could just trade for any superstar he wants, right? Aaron Rodgers costs 50 million per year? It's ok, here, Green Bay, have 2 1st round picks. Aaron Donald has lost his g0damned mind and starting fighting everyboyd in practice? Cool!! Here, have 2 picks, Rams, we'll take him. Jerry will build the biggest all-star roster possible.

And it all started with a trade so ridiculous at first I thought it was fake. The Cowboys traded Amari for nothing, cut La'El Collins, they will cut Ezekiel Elliott after this season, they will trade Dak next and strip the roster so much and acquire so many draft picks, new rules will be put in place so nobody can ever do that again. This master plan will win the Cowboys the 2027 Super Bowl, at the latest, and many more after that. The Franchise will be worth 20 billion dollars, Jerry will buy all the other teams and will run the league like he wants and pleases in the 2030s, while he lives as a head in a jar, Futurama style...forever and ever.

But for all of this to work, the Cowboys need to be the worst team in the league in 2022.

The 2022 Dallas Cowboys are secretly tanking. Don't tell anybody.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

After cutting the roster down to 53 players, the Cowboys cut all their QBs, except Dak, of course.

I mean...I know if he goes down we're f**ked anyway, but that's too far, don't you think?

The Cowboys are tanking!! You can't convince me otherwise!!

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

This week's highest paid player in NFL history is...drumm roll, please...

Russell Wilson!!

I think it's the second or third time he becomes the one. Good for him!! 5 years, 245 million, ties Watson on AAPY but still falls short on guarantees.

BTW...Jason Peters is visiting the Cowboys who suddenly realized they need an offensive tackle. Geez...isn't he like 50 years old?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I hope Dawk sees this picture and his brain melts. upload_2022-9-5_11-15-14.png

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. DawkinsINT

Haha...it's weird. I'm just glad he's not the player he used to be.

TJ likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hopefully we'll only need him to hold the fort for a few weeks...ok, maybe even months, if the rookie struggles or busts.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Yea, I don't know that I've ever heard of an NFL going into the regular season with just one quarterback.

Has anyone read of the last time this has happened?

TJ likes this.
  17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I don't think it ever has. Later, the Cowboys moved some players to IR (if you move them to IR before the final cutdown, they can't come back until next year) and then re-signed both Cooper Rush and Will Grier to the practice squad. Rush will be elevated on sunday and will be Dak's back-up.

I mean, I get it now, but it was a risk, right? What if someone claimed them?

18. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Will Grier.

Now there's a blast from the past.

There was a time this kid was to be the next big thing. At Florida, he started the season 6-0, then got popped for steroid use, got suspended for the year, transferred schools, underachieved at WV and was never to be heard from again.

TJ likes this.
  19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

He had good preseasons last year and this year but he still is the #3 guy behind Dak and Rush.