2022 Week 15 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Dec 15, 2022.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Week 15 is here. Christmas is closer and closer. We have games on Saturday. The World Cup Final will be played on Sunday morning. Life is awesome.

Today we have 49ers vs. Seahawks with the new sensation Brock Purdy (hope I wrote it right). How awesome would it be for the 49ers to spend all those picks on Trey Lance only to stumble into Purdy with the last pick and him becoming a franchise QB? I mean, awesome for them but not for us. I hope he doesn't become the new Brady or something. But I like his game!!

We have 3 games on saturday and the most interesting one will be at night, Dolphins at Bills.

On Sunday the Cowboys play the sneaky Jaguars who one week look like their 2021 version and the next they look like the freakin' Eagles. After the scare last week against Houston I hope they take it seriously this time. Cowboys opened as 5-pt favorites.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I need to go to bed early tonight so I won't be able to watch, but I'll be rooting for the Seahawks big time. I need Purdy to come crashing down to reality instead of the 49ers being extremely formidable.

Saturday I won't be watching the day games as I'll be Christmas shopping. I should be able to watch most of the Dolphins-Bills though. That is a fun matchup.

Sunday I'll be watching:
    Eagles - Bears - Fields is scary. Luckily the Bears defense is not. I think it won't be a 3rd consecutive blowout for the Eagles but hopefully it will never be in doubt.

For the afternoon games, I guess I will start by watching Titans-Chargers. I may end up with mostly Red Zone or a different game.

I won't watch all of the Giants-Commanders battle for 3rd in the NFC East. I'm really hoping for another tie. That would be hilarious.

TJ likes this.
  3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

4. DawkinsINT

I really hate that the Vikes had the greatest comeback in NFL history today. The Bills playoff victory over the Oilers was much cooler.

5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

No matter how you slice it, Frank Reich was involved in both outcomes.

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  6. DawkinsINT

Unreal how close games have been today. Eagles survive at Soldier Field, Cowboys blow 17 point lead in Jacksonville, and KC survives the Texans in overtime. Games today were just as exciting as yesterday's games. World Cup final included and this was a fantastic weekend of sports.

Now I hope Washington & New York tie tonight...

TJ likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Astros won the World Series.
    Argentina won the World Cup.

Congrats to the Eagles on winning the Super Bowl. The sports gods hate me this year so it's unavoidable at this point.

The Cowboys are on their way to another one and done in the playoffs. What a stupid loss today. Just stupid.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Jags are tough, man.

This bodes well for the Cowboys to welcome the Eagles into Philly next week and give them their second loss of the season.

You heard it here first.

9. DawkinsINT

I can't believe how the Patriots lost. That was bizarre.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

All they needed was to run the ball, make them burn their last time out, and it was over. Instead, they threw deep, incomplete, and the Jags kicked the game-tying FG with one second left.

Just stupid!! No other team seems to make dumb mistakes like that. McCarthy wants to shake off the ultra-conservative label and makes stupid decisions. This team is just stupid. Football is stupid. Sports are stupid.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. DawkinsINT

It very well could happen. The game really doesn't mean much to the Eagles. They probably will play it very vanilla. The week after against the Saints is much more important as they have the Saints first round draft pick. Eagles could lose to Dallas but as long as they beat the Saints they still lock up homefield throughout the playoffs.

TJ likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

That would explain why the Cowboys are 1.5 pt favorites...

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Now I'm hearing Hurts might not even play...where's the fun in that? You beat us with our backup QB, and we beat you with your backup QB? Meh...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I'm in the Final Four of both my fantasy leagues. Wish me luck, boys!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

The Hurts injury really sucks. I'm glad it's not as serious as it looked on the play but who knows how it may effect his play going forward. I'm sure it cost him any chance at MVP too.

16. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I think it depends on how much time he misses.

If he plays, goes into Dallas, and wins, and plays well, he might just have wrapped it up.

I'm not sure I see that happening. I like Dallas in that game.

I imagine Allen and Mahomes are breathing down his neck. Both their teams are 11-3. This should come down to the wire.

Eagles close out the season with the Saints and the Giants. I still like Hurts' MVP chances but not at -150.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I remember the last time the Eagles QB played like an MVP and then got injured...so once again: congrats, Eagles

DawkinsINT likes this.