2022 Championship Games Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 23, 2023.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Just three more and it's over!! I think the final 4 are, for once, the best all-around teams of this season and we should be getting good games this sunday.

The lines:

49ers @ Eagles (-2.5)
    Apparently Jimmy G would be ready to go on sunday and Kyle Shanahan has a decision to make. Just do a Bellichick in 2001, man...if it works, don't touch it. I think Brock Purdy earned the starting job for the remainig of the season (and maybe for years to come). I kept expecting him to melt down under the Cowboys relentless pressure and he just made play after play. On the Eagles side, they just proved they're the best team this year. Unless something drastic changes, like the line going to 4 or something, I'll probably pick Philly.

Bengals @ Chiefs (-1)
    That line just means Mahomes might not be ready and even if he plays, he'll be far from 100%. High ankle sprains take 3 to 4 weeks to heal. I think I'll pick the Bengals... Joe Burrow is slowly becoming my favorite non-Cowboys player in this league, like Brett Favre was back in the 90s. He's like a smarter, cooler, more confident version of Favre.

So my Super Bowl pick as for monday at noon is Eagles vs. Bengals.

2. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT and TJ like this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Josh Allen is white Dak Prescott (((runs away, changes name, address, country, disappears forever))).

Or putting it more politely...if Allen was the Cowboys QB people would make fun of him 5 times more (and worse) and his team's fans would demand his immediate release.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Line shifted to Bengals -1.5 today. Looks like Mahomes will be further to 100% than originally expected. Good thing I took them +1 :D

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Really depressing article from The Athletic today:

"The Eagles won a Super Bowl, tore it all down, rebuilt the roster and organization, and made it back to the NFC Championship game in just 5 years. Dallas hasn't made it back in almost 30". Jerry Jones and his son are the literal definition of madness...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm feeling pretty confident in the Eagles chances on Sunday. As long as Hurts is able to run a little better than last week and Lane Johnson is healthy enough to contain Bosa from going off, I think they can score a decent amount of points. Getting an early lead will be important to force the 49ers to rely on Purdy against the Eagles pass rush. Both of these teams run fairly unique schemes though so the chess match between the coaches will be huge. I can't wait!!

7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Eagles 31-24 Bengals. Hurts MVP. Eagles jump to an early lead in the 1st half. The Bengals comeback falls short in the end.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Panthers have their new coach: Frank Reich. That means Kellen Moore is probably coming back as Cowboys OC next year. It will be year 4. Not good enough to get a head coaching job elsewhere, but not bad enough to fire. Just like 90% of the roster. Consistency!!

Wait...should we create a new offseason thread or wait until after the Super Bowl?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

And now Dan Quinn announced he'll come back as Cowboys defensive coordinator!! He declined a couple coaching offers!! Can't blame him...after the Falcons epic collapse in Super Bowl 51 I would never try that again... It's also entirely possible Jerry gave him the fattest check he's ever seen, but whatever...good for us!! Quinn is an amazing DC...just not a good HC.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. DawkinsINT

I'm really glad the Panthers hired Reich. It probably means that Shane Steichen will remain as Eagles OC. The Eagles offense really improved since he took over play calling duties towards the end of last season.

I think we probably should start an offseason thread now. It will make it easier to comment on some of these moves in the future if we want to find an original post.

TJ likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

My picks are in since Monday...nothing changed, so here we go:

EAGLES (-2.5) over 49ers
    It's just a matter of who I hate more and it's the 49ers. Rookie QBs are like 0-9 in Championship games so that has to count for something. If Purdy pulls it off that will cement his status as new 2000s Brady (as in the QB everybody overlooked and turned out to be one of the best ever). I want the Eagles to win because I want every member of the NFC East to have at least 2 Super Bowls. I want the Eagles to win because I think what they did was amazing. Like the other post I put: they tore it all down, rebuilt, and were back in it in 5 years!! They accept mistakes, like the Wentz contract, they deal with the consequences... I wish my team had a front office with that accountability...oh, well. Fly, Eagles, fly!!

Bengals (+1) over CHIEFS
    Never take a road underdog unless you think it can straight up win. Well, I think the Bengals can straight up win this one. The line shifted during the week, now the Bengals are favored by 1.5. The Chiefs swear Mahomes is fine, but nobody believes them. I think Joey B and company come out on top again. Everybody said that Mahomes vs. Allen would be the new big QB rivalry, but it will be Mahomes vs. Joe Burrow. Can't wait for this one.

Playoff record: 5-5. Average...breaking even. Not good enough but not bad enough either. Like certain team from Texas that I somehow support.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

I hope if you end up being .500 again this week it's the Eagles that you get correct. Haha. I like the Bengals over the Chiefs too. I'll be rooting for KC though. It would be nice for the Eagles to beat them should we win but even if not I still have love for Big Red.

14. DawkinsINT

I've been up since 4:30am. This day can not drag any slower. Thank goodness the Eagles are the early game.

TJ likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Congrats, Dawk. Wish you had scored 50 on them but I'll take it :D

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

What a game, man!! What a game!! I'm still at .500 but I don't even care anymore.

The Andy Reid Bowl. The Kelce Bowl. Should be a good one.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

No line yet. My prediction is Eagles -3.

18. DawkinsINT

It certainly wasn't a pretty win but I'll take it. Never did I think that Haason Reddick would make an impact this huge to the defense. Great job by Howie Roseman to get him. We had people over and partied pretty hard last night. I'm hurting at work this morning. Worth it.

TJ likes this.
  19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The last time my team made the Super Bowl I was 12 years old and hadn't started drinking yet. Now I'm too old...I get sleepy after 2 beers. The Cowboys wasted my prime XD.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  20. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.