What are peoples favourite FF sites for playing?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Chrisbob, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

In other words, which sites that run fantasy leagues do you like best for things like their live draft, auto draft, way they score and allow options and presentation.

I've used Yahoo for years and like it a lot. As a commish, you have a lot of options with scoring and how your formations work. Their live draft has always worked well for me too and i find their leagues easy to navigate. You have to pay to get extras like mutli divisions and stuff which is a bit of a draw back.

NFL.com is ok but I find it less user friendly and don't like the fact they lock out a lot of options.

I used ESPN.com last year for the first time last year and liked the fact you could have divisions. On a par, if not better than Yahoo but maybe not quite as simple to use.

I've used Real Time Fantasy Sports for a few years for a Keeper League I am in. It's the Redskins UK fan Club one that I'm in and we meet up every year for the live draft (end of this month) which is always a laugh but I like the set up and in the case of a keeper league, it's draft cheat sheet option, which filters out the keepers, is a great tool. We all chip in the pay the costs (15, near $30 - isn't the pound strong? I can get bang for my buck in the States!) but that along with it's instant updates is superb.

Anyone use anywhere else? What are your favourites and what do you find good and bad about certain sites?

2. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I heard ESPN froze up a lot on Sundays around Noon because of too much traffic. Is that true?

I've used Yahoo for 6 years now and love it. The free leagues are a great, simple interface. Live drafting has never been a problem. Every year they add a couple of little tweaks to improve it. This year they allow you keep track of league history (if you play with the same people every year) and also allow the world's tinniest avatar next to your postings on your league message board. The league never freezes up on me but sometimes the live stats (pay option) do in week 1 when they offer it for free and every yahoo user has access to it. Their IDP stats are the same as NFL.com's and that's good too. Often tackle stats vary.

Yahoo public leagues are a crap shoot. Sometimes you get a good one, sometimes you're in a ghost town. A friend of mine last year played in a public league where 8 of the 10 stopped playing and just left the same lineup in week after week. The level of competition is very inconsistent. Two years ago as a joke in a Yahoo public league I had a team called "Team Johnson". I only drafted players whose last name was Johnson. When I couldn't fill out a roster position with a Johnson I grabbed whomever off waivers to fill in. For example, Eric Johnson is the only TE named Johnson. When he got hurt I grabbed Cooley off waivers. Priest Holmes also went out that year and in stepped my backup RB Larry Johnson. My lineup was QB: Brad, RB: Larry, Rudi, TE: Eric, WR: Chad, Bethel, Andre, K: No Johnsons are kickers. I won the freaking Championship!?! So that tells you a lot about Yahoo public leagues. All those players had breakout years and I'd never be able to draft that team again but you get the point.

3. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

ESPN worked well for me last year. I've been frozed out of one yahoo draft when they decided to do site work and no one could get in.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I use Yahoo a lot, simply because it's easy to use. I've also used ESPN and I find their OK. They can be slow at times when you're setting your lineups from week to week, I guess because of heavy traffic on the Web.

One to avoid at all costs is Antsports. They seem to have server problems at draft time. They also need to update their player database. They had people on it this year that had already retired, like Drew Bledsoe.

5. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

I always use Yahoo, mostly because it's sitting on my toolbar and I don't have ot go searching for it. Used that for the last three years.

6. Rips Vikes

Rips Vikes GO VIKES!!!

Homegrown Sports for my keeper (pay) leagues, Yahoo for my bragging rights leagues.

7. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I played my first league on nfl.com and the year after, I discovered Yahoo and I'm still playing there.
    Haven't tried any other sites since.

8. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

i play both yahoo and nfl.com and i like nfl alot better for one free stat updater and i just think it is cleaner and nicer.

another plus for nfl.com is i can acces their fantasy football at work while yahoo's is blocked out

9. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Well I've never played FF yet but I'm playing on Yahoo and NFL.com this year.

10. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

i think you will really enjoy it especially since you know the people you are playing against makes it more competitive

11. happ

happ PECAVI

I prefer NFL.com/CBSsportsline, as the stats are updated real-time(for free, unlike yahoo) and they do give prizes on the free leagues. Plus, you get to post your own logos (not just generic helmets and even more generic avatar images), so it helps with the smacktalk.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Fantasy Football at yahoo is all I play.

13. Bluzy

Bluzy Starter

I play draft format on both NFL.com and CBS Sportsline, and I play salary cap format on what was originally smallworld.com but is currently sportingnews.com. Anyone else play salary cap or other pay-to-play fanatasy formats?

14. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I'm a fan of Yahoo. I like the stat tracker and I also like the trophy case that shows how I've finished in various leagues.

15. chief31

chief31 Chiefs monster

I've played NFL.com, fleaflicker.com and Yahoo.com. Of the three, Yahoo has been the best.

16. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I've played Yahoo for years. I've also done NFL.com, ESPN (first time last year) and Sandbox (several years ago). I like Yahoo the best because its the simplest and easiest to use in my opinion. I've also played other fantasy sports leagues on yahoo and it makes it easier when the sports overlap and you can check all your teams from one site.

17. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

I used to play at Sandbox back in the day, then i moved to yahoo, and then last year i used CBSSportsline due to the fact that you can check your teams live stats via the NTN Trivia Machines they hand out there. This year i wasnt to try something differnt so i ended up going through ESPN so i was able to make it a 2 Player Keeper league, and to just vevamp it with points for specials things like Receptions, Completions, Rush Attempts, Tackles behind the line ETC ETC>...

18. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I played in one league on NFL.com and espn.com and honestly didn't care for it.

19. seanq

seanq Starter

I played my first ever fantasy football in the GIF Keeper League on ESPN last year and liked it a lot (unfortunately Chris hasn't set it back up for this year, so not much of a keeper). This year I set up my own keeper league, and really like the set up for divisions and how customizable the settings are.

20. joemontana25

joemontana25 Rookie

Even if yahoo is my favourite one, Fleaflicker is also a really good one:
    as a commish you have many options (scoring, divisions)