How many leagues do you play in?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Chrisbob, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Are you a one league guy? Maybe two or three? Or do you play in as many as possible?

If you play in lots of different leagues, do you try and draft with the same tactics and get the same players most times or do you mix things up a little?

Myself, I play in quite a lot of leagues but I do try and use the same tactics, obviously adjusting based on that particular leagues rules but I do tend to have a certain set of players I carry an interest for throughout all my leagues.

2. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

3 leagues is the max for me. There's my primary league with 9 other friends that I play in every year that is my sole reason for playing ff, 1 yahoo public league for old time's sake, and then I choose 1 other league every year based on the various invites I get. I haven't picked my 3rd league yet and want to play in a league with fellow GIFers this year. Beyond 3 leagues makes it too tough to follow and root for players for me. I'll always run into a situation where I have say Tiki Barber in one league and I'm playing against him in another. That's a conflict of rooting interest that I can't stand.

As far as rosters go, I'll draft the same personal sleeper hunches on various teams but the core of stud players I like to mix up. There's nothing worse than banking on 1 top stud for 3 teams, he gets hurt and all 3 teams are hecked.

Strategy depends solely on league rules. For example, two season ago I was in a PPR (points per reception) league and had Rod Smith who was a top 5 WR in that league. He had few TDs but like 7+ receptions a game. In another league I was in, non ppr, he was a free agent for most of the year and no one wanted him.

3. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

I'm in 3 yahoo ones an ESPN one A foxsports one & 2 NFL.com ones. So 7

4. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

DO the math right. :icon_rolleyes:

5. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

6. brakos82

Congrats on 1000 in advance. :cool:

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I'm limiting myself to four leagues this year. Got one slot at yahoo still open.

8. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Thanks

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

3. One here, one on another message board, and one with some friends.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

8 in Yahoo, 2 in ESPN and 1 in NFL.com. That worked before when I only went to school...it'll be interesting to see how I do this year :lol:

BTW...I won 8 second places in those 11 leagues...no championships. I'm starting to feel like one of those guys who can't win the big one :(

11. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

usually 4 or 5 including the one of nfluk.com

12. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

2 this year.
    One with some friends from the French NFL MB and one here.
    Maybe a third if I make the cut for the GIF Keeper.

Since both of my leagues are on yahoo, I use quite the same strategy and rankings for offensive players.

13. brakos82

I think you were a Bills fan in your last life. :icon_lol:

14. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

So far I'm in 3, 2 on Yahoo and 1 on NFL.com.

15. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Ok I was right I will be 8 league as I will be in the nfluk.com one as well

16. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

17. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Charger Fan in The UK

I'm in 1 ESPN..1 NFL.com... 1 CBS..1 FOX....and 4 Flea flicker leagues so 8:icon_cool:

18. Bluzy

Bluzy Starter

I'm new here at GIF, and I guess my first post will be to admit I'm a FFB addict. I usually play about 10 teams total. 2 or 3 DnT teams and 7-8 salary cap teams. Some are free, some are pay-to-play.

I'm interested in what sites you like best and why.

19. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Welcome to GIF and enjoy the FF forum.

20. chief31

chief31 Chiefs monster

Last year, about ten, or twelve. This year, likely, alot more than that.