Bit of a different league I drafted in tonight...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Chrisbob, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

.....a loser league. I think Redskins No1 also took part. The general idea was to draft players who will play, but play badly. So they are rewarded for playing (atts, comps, catches and carries etc), playing badly (ints, fumbles etc) but if they play well, you get negative points (TD's, lots of yards etc).

The following scoring criteria will be used:

QBS
    Incomplete Passes (1)
    Passing Touchdowns (-6)
    Interceptions (10)
    Sacks (10)

Rushing Touchdowns (-6)
    Reception Touchdowns (-6)
    Return Touchdowns (-6)
    2-Point Conversions (-2)

Fumbles (5)
    Fumbles Lost (10)

Offensive Fumble Return TD (-6)

Field Goals 40-49 Yards (-3)
    Field Goals 50+ Yards (-4)
    Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (8)
    Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (5)
    Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (4)
    Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (3)
    Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (2)
    Point After Attempt Missed (10)

Sack (-1)
    Interception (-2)
    Fumble Recovery (-2)
    Touchdown (-6)
    Safety (-2)
    Block Kick (-2)
    Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (-6)
    Points Allowed 0 points (-10)
    Points Allowed 1-6 points (-7)
    Points Allowed 7-13 points (-4)
    Points Allowed 14-20 points (0)
    Points Allowed 21-27 points (4)
    Points Allowed 28-34 points (7)
    Points Allowed 35+ points (10)

Points have since been added for attempts and receptions so as to encourage people not just to play non-starters.

The funniest bit was for those who forgot to pre rank and autodrafted, where else would someone get a team like this:

1. (1) LaDainian Tomlinson
    2. (32) Frank Gore
    3. (33) Willie Parker
    4. (64) Peyton Manning
    5. (65) Steve Smith
    6. (96) Marvin Harrison
    7. (97) Antonio Gates
    8. (128) Chicago
    9. (129) Adam Vinatieri
    10. (160) Brian Westbrook
    11. (161) Laurence Maroney
    12. (192) Chad Johnson
    13. (193) Carson Palmer
    14. (224) Tony Gonzalez
    15. (225) Baltimore

Yep, LT still managed to go #1 overall!

As for my team, check out this gang of losers:

1, Derek Anderson (QB) - Favourite to start while Quinn holds out, promises to be awful.
    2, Byron Leftwich (QB) - got my back-up early, starts in Jax and hopefully maintains his level of progression.
    3, Wes Welker (WR) - lots of touches last season but not many TD's. Hopefully he becomes a grey zone threat for the Pats.
    4, Issac Bruce (WR) - slowing down with age and the end zone is being visited less often. Hopefully he continues on his path to being a possession receiver only.
    5, Chris Brown (RB) - average player, might start, should be involved, hopefully will be crape.
    6, Ronnie Brown (RB) - early risk as he may be very productive but I'm hoping the rumours of rookie Lorenzo Booker seeing time as a short yardage back keep him out of the end zone.
    7, Lawrence Tynes (K) - average kicker at best, he has Scottish roots so is used to losing and with being new to kicking in tricky Giants Stadium, could miss me a load (I hope).
    8, Robert Royal (TE) - tricky position to address, FT might be right in that he could be costly as an unproductive end zone threat but hopefully, he can increase his catch totals and decrease his visits to the end zone.
    9, Laveranues Coles (WR) - Lots of catches last year and not too many TD's, long may that continue.
    10, Miami (DEF) - got stung by the defensive rush early so hoping that age and a poor offense combined with a piss poor secondary can not get me too many turnovers and sacks.
    11, Brian Griese (QB) - Back-up QB's were very popular, I'm hoping Grossman's injury bug strikes and that Griese can get on the field freaking up asap.
    12, Mewelde Moore (RB) - I'm expecting a letter bomb from Monie any second now but given Taylor's injury, he might play more while hopefully Peterson gets the end zone glory.
    13, Amani Toomer (WR) - A bit of a tactic to go for aging receivers who have slowed down into possession receivers. Might work, might not.....
    14, Kenny Irons (RB) - rookie who might get some playing time iwith the Bengals while Rudi Johnson keeps getting the TD's.
    15, David Garrard (QB) - Insurance for Leftwich, thought he was pretty rank when I seen him play last year.

2. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

3. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

He went late, round 14 or something, he may have the drops, but he has plenty of TD's too and his hand should be better this year so I guess that put people off.

4. happ

happ PECAVI

Let me guess, Grossman went #1 overall?

5. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

No, LT was because the first team drafting never turned up and never preranked so they got stuck with the Yahoo list, their team is above and would be dominant (or clear favourites) in any regular league.

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The best part is that you didn't draft any Cowboys player....interesting :icon_lol:

7. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Didn't draft any Redskins players but Jason Campbell went very high:bad:

8. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

It is probably funny looking at the waiver wire for this league. I'm guessing amongst QB's, there were plenty to choose from that play poorly. Btw, how many leagues are you playing in if you are drafting a terrible team league?