Michael Irvin's HOF speech.

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Aug 5, 2007.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I've always hated him and thought of him as being egotistical, but his speech was really good. On a day to celebrate what he's done, he humbled himself. He fully admitted all of the mistakes that he made and gave credit to all the people around him that helped him through. It seemed truly genuine. I think of him differently now.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Dammit, I missed it!! Why was he the last, anyway...I watched the first four, but then I went out...

I'll look it up...

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

His speech was like him, phony in every way...

4. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

According to those who witnessed it as well as other past speeches, Irvin's was one of the best acceptance speeches they've ever had. Every sportswriter I've heard commended the speech and how heart felt it was.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Wow...I just listened to it...I really think it was sincere...

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well I listened to it too and I thought it was phony, but then I really really hate him:bad: Of course the Cowboy fans are going to love it...duh...lol

7. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

the guys is a phony..if you look closely you will see the onion that he was holding.......:shocker:

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

What a bunch of haters :icon_rolleyes:

9. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

what eats at me is,they took the dope head over a SuperBowl MVP (Richard Dent)...bastards

10. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

I liked his speech it was very good. Seems like he's changed. He manned up in front of viewers all over the world and admitted his faults. Takes a real man to do it.

11. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Who cares.

Ya'll catch Thurman's induction? Now there was a good speech.

[​IMG]

12. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Irvin's was better.

13. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

no way

14. 49ers121

49ers121 Portugal Mike

His speech was really good, but I like Bruce Matthews and especionally Charlie Sanders with the whole "Hi Mom" thing better. Charlie Sanders had one of the best speeches I've seen in a while.

15. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Irvin's speech?.....Not even interested in hearing....

16. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

yeh I agree 100%

I can relate to that speech,his mom never got to see him play because she die when he was 2years old....My mother passed away in 1988 and never got to see me get married or the birth of our first child...I wuld give my left arm to say "hi mom" to her right now.:icon_neutral:

17. 49ers121

49ers121 Portugal Mike

I actually had a tear in my eye because of that speech it was very well written.

18. MichaelVick7

MichaelVick7 BANNED

You guys think I will ever get inducted into the HOF?

19. 49ers121

49ers121 Portugal Mike

The Dog Fighters HOF Screw yea.

20. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

I know I'm going to get crap over this, but was I the only person to laugh when he said he wanted his kids to grow up like him? All I could think of was him doing crack.

Yeah kids, be like me, a crack headed football player!

However, he was an excellent receiver, and even though I hate the Cowboys, congrats Irvin.