Broncos WR Javon Walker Breaks Silence About Darrent Williams Dying

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by ollysj, Aug 11, 2007.

1. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Denver Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker says he still has the bloodied shirt from the night teammate Darrent Williams died in his arms after a drive-by shooting on New Year's Day. In his first public comments about Williams' unsolved death, Walker tells HBO's "Real Sports" in a segment to be aired Tuesday night that he keeps the unlaundered shirt as a reminder of his friend and of the fragility of life.

Source: AP, FOXSports.com

#47 1st Stringer

Man Olly, that must have been hell for Javon Walker. It mustv'e been horrible to see his own teamate dying that close to him like that.

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Must been horrible for everyone, if someone dies in your arms under this circumstandes. Hope they will find thoses asses, that killed Williams.

#47 1st Stringer

Yeah, no kidding man. I hope they find them as well. It was a shame Williams died, great young talent who aslo seemed like a good guy.

5. BroncoBJ

BroncoBJ JayCutler4MVP!!!

Yea I have to work that day but I'm hoping to tape it. Such a sad story. I've met Darrent Williams a few times and when I heard the news early new years morning it was a HORRIBLE start to the year. I was sad and still am over it. I can only imagine how Javon feels. I hope they catch the hecks that killed D-will. And I hope we win the superbowl for him.

6. GawdZeeRaa

GawdZeeRaa Calm Like a Bomb

That sucks, man. Big time.

Wonder if there's any tension between Walker and Marshall...

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Too weird though to be keeping the bloodied shirt..yikes

8. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I still can't believe Darrent Williams died.:icon_cry:

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Ya know, it was bad enough for the Broncos that they were eliminated from a playoff spot that same day but a teammate getting shot and dying in your arms is an absolute nightmare.

10. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

couldnt even fathon what this dude is going thru

11. BroncoBJ

No, None at all. Its not Brandons fault that Darrent died :(.
    People shouldnt shoot people just because they are pissed.

Brandon and Javon are buddies and they talk and get along just like they should. Javon isnt pissed at anyone.

And It is kind of wierd to be keeping that bloody shirt but I dont know. I wonder if he is going to frame it? or if he will ever wear it?? Or if he just leaves it at his place.

I cant wait to watch the show.

12. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I look forward to watching this tonight.

13. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

just a really crazy situation all around

14. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

That's really unfortunate, I can't imagine what Walker is going through. Kinda odd he keeps Darrent's Bloodied shirt but I guess that is how he remembers him. I'll be interested in watching what happens tonight. Does anyone know what time it starts Eastern Timing?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out that it starts 10:00 PM Eastern.

15. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Here's Walker arriving at the police station that morning. Kinda creepy.

[​IMG]

16. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

God, that is creepy.

Interview with Walker coming up soon..

On now

Crap man, sad interview..

Walker said he keeps the shirt to remind himself of how anything can happen to anyone suddenly, to remind him of Williams, and because that was the blood left off Williams, so he doesn't wash the shirt.

17. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

18. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

You see the interview TD?

19. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

didn't see the interview but i from what i heard on internet i like how walker has and will continue to handle the horrible situation

20. BroncoBJ

Yea I watched it and taped it on my DVR because I had to work.
    But pretty good interview.
    Very sad.
    Kramer asked some really good questions.

It was nice to see Javon talk about it.

Its pretty sad that at first he didnt even want to play in Denver because he was afraid they would finish him off or whatever. He didnt know what to think. The Wrong place at the wrong time.

That must have been really scary to watch D-will die in his harms like that.
    I cant imagine what it would be like to lose one of my buddies.. and esp watch them die in front of me.

I hope he has a great season.

I like the mo-hawk on him.
    Great tribute. :)