Gridironfans League on ESPN.com

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Chrisbob, Jul 12, 2007.

1. seanq

seanq Starter

DRAT!! I had some great drafts last year I was looking forward to keeping! :icon_mad:

Ah well. Count me back in - hopefully this time we'll be able to keep it rolling across the seasons! :)

I do have one comment though - we had a lot of problems with QB's last year. Given the # of teams, I would really request a max of 2 QB's per team. Last year we had a few people with 3 starting QB's and others with just one, so injuries and bye weeks were disastrous.

As for keepers, I voted for 4 last year, and I would prefer fewer to more. One rule (not part of system, so I'll need to enforce) I put in my league (12 teams, 4 keepers) was that you couldn't keep more than one person at any given position, so there wont be any problem with a shortage of draftable players.

2. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Keepers is 3 after this year.

Still 3 spots open. I have resent the invites for LitezOut and Fez but if I get no response soon, I will open up their spots. At this point that leaves one spot with 2 possibles so PM me with an email address if interested in playing.

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I found the lineup for everyone from the 2006 game on ESPN...I knew it had it somewhere..

4. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

I gave you my email address. And I joined already.

5. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

To be honest, at this stage it might not matter now. A few of last years folks have pulled out already and it might just get confusing to start it again. I still can't reactivate the league from the old settings.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Ok...damn and I had Peyton Manning..lol

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

shiy i had moss larry johnson antonio gates/......damn oh well lj mighy not play

8. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

We still need one more player - anyone want in?

9. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

So I went to log into the league today to recheck the draft date because I had forgotten. I put in my usual screen name and a league from last season appears. I just remembered now that a year ago I joined an ESPN public league then completely forgot about it and never drafted or managed the team. I came in 5th place too. Not bad for being on auto pilot. So now I have 2 ESPN accounts I guess.

So do we still have 1 open slot in the GIF league here? 8 days to the draft.

10. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Yes, one open spot, come on people, PM me your email and get in this thing!

11. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

So is the draft on monday or something?

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

sunday isnt

13. wide right

Draft Date August 26, 2007 8:30 AM ET

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

what?!?! 8:30 AM ET on a SUNDAY?!?! No way I make it that early...unless I go straight to the draft from saturday night's party :lol:

15. wide right

To be a champion takes sacrifice. :icon_mrgreen:

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah...but I'm in the central time zone. That's 7:30 AM for me...on a sunday...after a long week at work...

I usually use sundays to sleep and go through the hangover...until the season starts at least...

No way I make it...

17. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

That makes 2:30 pm for me. Nice. :icon_cool:

18. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Thats 5:30 am for me haha

19. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

wahhhh wahhhhhhhhhhh TJ, you have a good paying job and now you're snitching about long work weeks and sleeping in?? Ya cat just set the alarm make your pick and go back to bed...like Litez says it's 5:30am for us...deal with it.

20. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

5:30 am? wow! I love FF but I don't know if I'd get up so early for a live draft. Props to you West Coast guys.