Who would you draft?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Tony Gonzalez or Todd Heap

Tom Brady or Peyton Manning

Anquan Boldin or Larry Fitzgerald

Reggie Bush or Deuce McAllister

2. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Tony Gonzalez or Todd Heap - Todd Heap solely based on the improved running game of Baltimore will help Baltimore's scoring chances and McNair loves to utilize his TE's. KC has a bit of a QB controversy and if Croyle eventually starts, then there will be growing pains he'll go throw trying to force the ball down field instead of cfreaking down to his TE option.

Tom Brady or Peyton Manning - Manning solely based on his consistency as being a top FF scorer. I think Brady has more potential this season than ever to put up phenomanal numbers, but Manning is always a safe bet for 3800-4300 yards and 30+ TDs.

Anquan Boldin or Larry Fitzgerald - I'd say this is as close to a toss up as it gets, but I'll pick Fitzgerald for no particular reason. I could go either way.

Reggie Bush or Deuce McAllister - Reggie Bush is the clear favorite because he will be utilized in so many ways for NO. They will run him, allow him to catch out of the backfield and line up as a WR. He can still do some returning for them as well. He's too dynamic of a player and should have many more scoring opportunities this season.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Tony Gonzalez or Todd Heap: I'll go with Tony Gonzalez. He's an all pro TE and he's been to pro bowls.

Tom Brady or Peyton Manning: Both of these men are dangerous with the game on the line but i'll have to go with Manning because of the simple fact that Manning is among one of the league leaders in fantasy points each year.

Anquan Boldin or Larry Fitzgerald: This one could go either way. I'll go with Boldin because of NFL experience.

Reggie Bush or Deuce McAllister: I got to go with the Deuce and read my reason with the WRs to see why.

4. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

All the players I selected are for the exact same reason, the other player is overvalued and won't give you enough points to warrant their earlier draft positions. Why take Bush in the 2nd or 3rd when McAlister will probably give you comparable or even better points in the 5th or 6th round. Same deal for everyone else. Let someone else in your league reach for Manning in 1 or 2 when a fully competent QB can be had in rounds 7 or 8.

5. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

So early?

Gonzalez but I'd not reach for him (ie not before round 7 or 8).

Brady because I'd be forced to use my 2nd pick to get Manning... and I don't want to draft a QB so early.

Fitzgerald. But no particular reason.

Bush can get you some good points in so many ways.

6. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Who do you consider comparable to Peyton Manning thats still around in rounds 7 or 8? All of the mock drafts and regular drafts I've seen have had Manning, Brady, Palmer, Brees and Bulger gone by round 5. If McNabb is healthy he's in their class too, but who else puts up those type of consistent solid numbers?

7. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I got Drew Brees last year in 8, but obviously that was because he was coming off injury and that won't happen again. No one will give you numbers exactly like Manning but your team will be stronger if you go RB in 1 and wait on a QB till later. Manning and a tier 3 RB isn't as good as a Tier 1 RB and a Tier 3 QB in my opinion.

8. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I'm with you on that, Brees was my backup to McNabb last year. I think I got him in the 9th round.

9. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Gonzalez- After Johnson he is the Chiefs weapon. Heap is on a team with a few more weapons...close call though
    Manning- Without a doubt. I've had both on my teams and Manning is far and away a bigger scorer.
    Fitzgerald- I think he will be better this year in Leinhart's second season. Just a guess though