Should We Be Worried?

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Omen, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Call it Concern Monday for the Dallas Cowboys. And no, those concerns had little to do with Texans 28, Cowboys 16 on Saturday night. Hey, it's preseason, just as it was after winning those first two preseason games. There was no reason to go make hotel reservations in Phoenix then and there is no reason to start pointing toward the 2008 NFL Draft now. Stifle. But there are concerns over two heels now, one belonging to Greg Ellis, but what's new there, and one belonging to Terence Newman. There are concerns over the right hamstring of kicker Martin Gramatica, who probably by default has lost the kicking duel with rookie Nick Folk.

Source: Mickey Spagnola, Dallascowboys.com

2. IBL

IBL Starter

As far as the Ellis goes that is not all that big of a deal we have Spencer while he has not done great he still learning and if there needs to be a bridge till either Spencer is ready or till Ellis gets back there is Carpenter.

The Newman injury is the big one while all it needs is rest he will not get enough during the season to help it and I worry what will happen come late in the season.

Dallas has some players that they might be able to trade Austin, Polite, Bowen but none of them would be able to bring in a worthy player.

3. mitchell2254

mitchell2254 NFL Fans Refugee

No not yet. But Spencer needs to do something, anything. T-New and TG aren't healthy. Maybe not concerned but not content either.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I don't like Gramatica much, but I don't know how I feel about going into the season with a rookie kicker...

Glenn should be fine in a couple of weeks. Patrick Crayton is a very underrated receiver and we'll do just fine...

Newman's injury is the one that has me worried the most...

5. Slammed

Slammed NFL-Fans Refugee

I Agree with all of you, the Newman injury scares me. Alot!!!

6. mitchell2254

Spencer scares me more. You can live with shaky corners if you can generate a great pass rush. Well.... Unless DeMarcus gets 30 sacks it doesn't look like that is gonna happen. Maybe, things will change when the real deal rolls around.

7. Slammed

Slammed NFL-Fans Refugee

Ya Spencer was supposed to be this real animal. So far, I have yet to hear that he has unleashed it. I hope he learns quick.

8. mitchell2254

me too man, me too. No doubt he has the ability it's just getting it out of him.

9. FZ06

FZ06 Random Guy

Dallas is not a nice place to play K at. Damn Adal Ramones [Gramatica... mexican joke, bear with it] isn't exactly the best, but place him at America's team and... well, not a good combo. Let's hope the rookie is able to do better than Vaderchoke did last year ;).

10. Slammed

Slammed NFL-Fans Refugee

Vanderchoke, WOW, what a waste of time and money. Gramatica, I actually feel ok with him. Folk though, man he is really turning heads so far. Maybe he is the cat to go with. Sometimes for a good opportunity you have to take a risk.

11. mitchell2254

Check the cuts thread Slammed. Martin is gone.

12. Omen

yeah he waqs putt on IR

13. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Be worried against Eli and the non-existing Tiki, definitely not.

14. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Obviously, the injury to Newman should be a concern but the Dallas D will go the way their pass rush goes this year IMO as secondary has not been a strength for a while.

Whoever said Ellis won't be missed because of Spencer is wrong IMO, Elis was a very underrated player who added a lot at LB or DE. Spencer is totally unproven at this point.

15. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

No luck for Dallas kickers...can't say Im tore up about it..lol

16. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

I'd be worried if my players didn't show up to practice though... recipe for more drama.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

there are worried on the defense and in the kicking game but it will all come down to romo.

18. Omen

true very true im hoping that the romo that started the season is back and better

19. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I knew you were here on this board somewhere Manster!!!! I know this is an old thread, but I know this guy going way back.

20. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Mike, dudes got 3 posts from back in 07 he's not going to see your message, lol.

Back on topic...

Yes. No time stamp on the answer to this question.