Chris Cooley Gets Extension

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by HailttRedskins, Sep 1, 2007.

1. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Link: http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=4216

The Redskins and tight end Chris Cooley have agreed to a multi-year contract extension, the team announced on Saturday.

Cooley was entering the final year of his rookie contract. He would have been an unrestricted free agent following the 2007 season.

The team does not typically announce terms of contract extensions, but it is likely a long-term deal.

2. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Great news for the Skins.

3. Tiburon41

Tiburon41 Starter

Smart move. Cooley's a top-tier TE, and the Skins were smart to lock him up.

4. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Chris Cooley is a great TE, good for the Skins to lock him up.

5. Tiburon41

Tiburon41 Starter

Per Adam Schefter, 7 years, $30 million, $14 million in guarantees.

6. mitchell2254

mitchell2254 NFL Fans Refugee

Good news for Skins fans

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Good player. Good last name. Good deal.

8. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Best news of the weekend, a perfect way to build up for the season. Cooley has proved his worth ever since the Skins traded up to get him 3 years ago and it's nice to see them finally lock up a former draft choice before his contract expires.

9. HailttRedskins

Man, when I opened this, I was like great, I was upset about Marshall and Wynn, but this pretty much replaces it.

10. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

dude is good ans clutch player and he better produce since i got him FF

11. HailttRedskins

Doesn't he always produce?

Crap, he was like the #7 TE last year when we sucked butt.

12. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

cooley! :buttrock:

13. lawsonsp

lawsonsp Starter

Basically the guy is just awesome for us and this was a great use of money by the front office. I heard it was a 7 year deal and cooley loved the idea of retiring as a skin.

14. HailttRedskins

It's a 6 year deal, but considering he has one year left I think they're saying it's a 7 year, why I don't know, but it doesn't matter, we locked him up, that's all that matters!

15. TorresA

TorresA Starter

Intresting story, Cooley plays FF himself. 2 years ago he when he scored 3 TDs against Dallas, he lost in FF because his opponent was playing him.

16. HailttRedskins

Glad you made it TorresA

17. p-rob88

p-rob88 Slacker

I was a little worried we were gonna let another valuable player slip through are fingers( derrick dockery, ryan clark among others) but we tied him up for a long time so that just makes ur offense a whole lot better

18. jaybird15

jaybird15 Starter

Cooley is what every team needs, he is a versatle play that can line up in a few different positions. I like him and he is a little crazy and you have to respect that.

19. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Cooley always seems to have huge games receiving whenever I watch a skins game..very athletic TE...don't know much about his run blocking or pass blocking but I think its a damn good job locking him up by the front office....

20. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

He's a willing blocker but it's still a part of his game they need him to improve. In this offense, he's split out sometimes or put in motion a lot so in pass pro he may just be asked to chip rather than stay in and as a run blocker, he's nothing special, Mike Sellers is the skill player to watch when it comes to run blocking.

As a receiver though, he's consistently improving, he has good hands and when he gets the ball he is extremely tough to bring down.