Predict Your NFL Award Winners

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Chrisbob, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Fill in the form, total guesswork but just for fun (feel free to state reasons why you think they'll win these awards):

NFL MVP:
    Offensive MVP:
    Defensive MVP:
    Offensive Rookie:
    Defensive Rookie:
    Comeback Player:
    Coach Of The Year
    First Coach Fired:

My picks:
    NFL MVP: Marc Bulger - I think the Rams O is gonna be explosive and he'll put up big numbers and help the rams into the play-offs. If I was going on Preseason form, Drew Brees would be in with a shout.
    Offensive MVP: Marc Bulger - As above
    Defensive MVP: DeMarcus Ware - As much as I hate to say it, I think Wade Phillips will help take him to the next level in a scheme he knows how to run and with a player approaching the peak of his powers
    Offensive Rookie: Adrian Peterson - An lazy guess because runners usually do well as rookies and he's shown flashes already this preseason.
    Defensive Rookie: Laron Landry - Cry homer all you want, he's already starting and I think Williams will get a lot out of him including some big plays.
    Comeback Player: Jerry Porter - Should start in Oakland and if they struggle again, will trail in many games forcing them to air it out and improve his stats. If LeCharles Bentley can play some, he might get some votes based purely on how tough his comeback has been but awards like this are always tough for linemen to win.
    Coach Of The Year: Rod Marinelli - I fancy the Lions to go to post-season so a turnaround like that should give him a very good chance of getting lots of credit.
    First Coach Fired: Tom Coughlin - Some think he was fired last January and is just working his notice.

2. Nixon

Nixon would you kindly

No big surprises on my list:

NFL MVP: Peyton Manning

Offensive MVP: LT
    Defensive MVP: Adalius Thomas
    Offensive Rookie: Adrian Peterson
    Defensive Rookie: Reggie Nelson
    Comeback Player: Trent Green
    Coach Of The Year: Mike Tomlin :homer:
    First Coach Fired: Tom Coughlin

3. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

You think Trent Green is going to do well Nixon? He knows the offense ok but the way the Phins are acting this preseason, I'm not so sure. I think they see him as a short term option and any bad play early will see him pulled. I predict John Beck ends the season starting for them but an interesting call by yourself nevertheless.

4. Nixon

Nixon would you kindly

I like Green. I think they'll be solid once the season gets underway. Daunte Culpepper was a distant 2nd.

5. 49ers121

49ers121 Portugal Mike

NFL MVP: LT
    Defensive MVP: Shawne Merrimen
    Offensive Rookie: James Jones
    Defensive Rookie: Patrick willis
    Comeback Player: Ben Rothlesberger
    Coach Of The Year Mike Nolan
    First Coach Fired:
    Jon Gruden

6. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

NFL MVP: Peyton Manning - The man had the quietest 35 TD season (31 passing, 4 rushing) in the history of the NFL in 2006. Given another 1st round WR, his numbers should only improve in 2007.
    Offensive MVP: LaDainian Tomlinson - Don't expect a repeat of last year; runningbacks usually suffer greatly in the season following a spectacular one such as the one LT put up in 2006, but LT is a special player, and should still put up great numbers, enough to win him this award.
    Defensive MVP: Shawne Merriman - I don't like it at all, I hope it doesn't happen, but I have a feeling he's going to put up 20 or so sacks, and the media will go crazy over it and give him the award.
    Offensive Rookie: Adrian Peterson - It's going to be either him or Marshawn Lynch, and given their respective offensive lines, Peterson has the much better chance as long as he can beat out Chester Taylor, which shouldn't be too difficult for him.
    Defensive Rookie: Paul Posluzny - DeMeco Ryans: The 2007 Edition
    Comeback Player: Clinton Portis - I expect his usual 1500 yard 10 TD season, which should be good enough to win this unless McNabb has a monster year or the media grows a huge soft spot for LeCharles Bentley.
    Coach Of The Year: Scott Linehan - The Rams could surprise a lot of people this year, and I think they're a legit playoff contender. If they do make the playoffs, he's certainly a candidate
    First Coach Fired: Lane Kiffin - The Raiders go through coaches at about the same rate that Mike Vick went through pitbulls, but at least they don't drown and electrocute the guys they fire.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

NFL MVP: Peyton Manning - He's given even more weapons. There's no better QB in the NFL right now.
    Offensive MVP: LaDainian Tomlinson - The most explosive player...maybe ever.
    Defensive MVP: DeMarcus Ware - My homer pick. I can't wait to see how Wade Phillips is gonna use him.
    Offensive Rookie: Adrian Peterson - He has looked spectacular in the preseason, and he has a very good OL with a shaky QB.
    Defensive Rookie: LaRon Landry - I hate to admit it. I'd like to see Anthony Spencer win it, though...
    Comeback Player: Donovan McNabb - As long as he stays healthy.
    Coach Of The Year: Rod Marinelli - The Lions will be special this year...
    First Coach Fired: Tom Coughlin - He should've been fired last january.

8. T20Henry

T20Henry NFL-Fans Alumni

NFL MVP: Tom Brady - I just see him and Randy Moss communicating very well and I feel like it could be a career year for both of them. Which is scary.
    Offensive MVP: Steven Jackson - I feel like it's time for LT to step down as the leagues best RB. I feel like LT might have a solid year but not spectacular and people will feel like he's overrated then. Even if he runs for 1,400 yards and scores 12-14 TDs, people will say he's overrated.
    Defensive MVP: Shawne Merriman - I hate to say it, but I think he could very well break the sack record this year.
    Offensive Rookie: Marshawn Lynch - I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he has a solid 1,200 yard year scoring 8-10 TDs. That should be enough to put him over the top as OROY. I really think the Bills are going to run a lot so they can open up the passing game to Lee Evans.
    Defensive Rookie: Reggie Nelson - I don't know what it is, I just think he'll be a playmaker at the pro level, starting with his rookie year.
    Comeback Player: Donovan McNabb - Going to go with the majority here and agree that he's one of the leagues best when healthy.
    Coach Of The Year: Bobby Petrino - I think he'll lead his Falcons to the playoffs, yes, with Joey Harrington at QB.
    First Coach Fired: Brian Billick - I think his run in Baltimore is over, I don't know what it is, I just feel like he's not the guy for that franchise.

9. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

NFL MVP: Tom Brady - with the weapons the Pats now have he could have a huge season

Offensive MVP: Steven Jackson - should be the spearhead of an explosive Rams Offense

Defensive MVP: Shawne Merriman - The leader of the Chargers D should have another huge season

Offensive Rookie: Adrian Peterson - Has looked impressive so far and should continue to get better

Defensive Rookie: LaRon Landry - Starting at Safety opposite Sean Taylor could be a really explosive player

Comeback Player: Jerry Porter - He will be back starting for Oakland and that gives them a big receiving threat, would have loved to put Portis here but i can see Betts getting more carries and this will lead to Portis's numbers being reduced. As for McNabb i just can't see him staying healthy

Coach Of The Year Bill Belichick - Has already brought in some great FA's and will have his team contending for the AFC Super Bowl spot again

First Coach Fired: Jon Gruden - I can't see the Bucs winning enough games for this not to happen. If this was first coach to leave i'd have said Gibbs as i am expecting him to walk away after this season

10. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

NFL MVP: Drew Brees
    Offensive MVP: Tom Brady
    Defensive MVP: DeMarcus Ware
    Offensive Rookie: Brandon Jackson
    Defensive Rookie: Paul Posluszny
    Comeback Player: Donovan McNabb
    Coach Of The Year: Mike Nolan
    First Coach Fired: Coughlin

11. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

NFL MVP:LT
    Offensive MVP:peyton Manning
    Defensive MVP:Ed Reed?
    Offensive Rookie:Calvin Johnson
    Defensive Rookie:patrick Willis
    Comeback Player:I don't know
    Coach Of The Year:Eric Mangini
    First Coach Fired:Tom Coughlin

12. Milan

Milan Starter

NFL MVP: Peyton Manning
    Offensive MVP: Steven Jackson
    Defensive MVP: Adalius Thomas
    Offensive Rookie: Adrian Peterson
    Defensive Rookie: Paul Posluszny
    Comeback Player: Donovan McNabb
    Coach Of The Year: Eric Mangini
    First Coach Fired: Cam Cameron

13. mitchell2254

mitchell2254 NFL Fans Refugee

NFL MVP: Drew Brees
    Offensive MVP: Ladainian Tomlinson
    Defensive MVP: Sean Taylor
    Offensive Rookie: Marshawn Lynch
    Defensive Rookie: Gaines Adams
    Comeback Player: Lamont Jordan
    Coach Of The Year: Lane Kiffin
    First Coach Fired: Romeo Crennell

14. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

NFL MVP: Manning
    Defensive MVP: Champ Bailey
    Offensive Rookie:Marshawn Lynch (homer I guess, but he has a good shot)
    Defensive Rookie:paul Posluszny (same as above)
    Comeback Player: TKO
    Coach Of The Year: Jeff Fisher
    First Coach Fired: Tom Coughlin

15. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

Laron landry defensive rookie of the year. mark it.

16. Wes McSnipes

Wes McSnipes Rams Fan

NFL MVP: Peyton Manning - Manning is still playing in one of the best offenses in the NFL, and quite frankly, he could put up MVP-type numbers playing for the Browns. He's just great at what he does and I see another MVP coming his way.

Offensive MVP: LaDainian Tomlinson - The best RB in the league - hands down. This guy is the reason the Chargers will have another good year, and he will of course get recognized again.

Defensive MVP: Ray Lewis - When you look at the Baltimore Ravens, the first thing you notice is how good their defense is. It's one of the top 3 in the league, and it's led by Lewis. Ray Lewis will lead the defense, and the defense will lead the Ravens to the playoffs. It will work in a cycle, so I see Lewis winning this award.

Offensive Rookie: Marshawn Lynch - Not only does he have amazing talent, but the Bills do not have many weapons on offense at all, so I'm expecting Lynch to get a ton of carries. I'm excited to see the numbers he puts up. They will be good, and will only get better as he matures.

Defensive Rookie: Gaines Adams - Already has opened a ton of eyes in training camp. If the Bucs want to have the kind of defense that they had a few years ago, it all starts with Adams on the d-line. He's their future. Simeon Rice was a force with them when they won a SuperBowl, and Adams should be just as good.

Comeback Player: Donovan McNabb - There's not too many options for this, and McNabb is the one guy that pops into your head. He's going to have to lead the Philly offense, and I think he will do a good job of bouncing back. This guy is a competitor.

Coach Of The Year: Mike Nolan - The 49ers are getting a ton of hype this offseason about being the NFL's surprise team, and I do think that they will have a solid year. If so, Mike Nolan will become a hero in San Fran. I can easily see him winning this, because he's going to turn their team around. This guy knows what he's doing, and '9er fans should feel confident with him leading them.

First Coach Fired: Tom Coughlin - Like the others said, he should have gotten fired last year. I don't think the Giants will do too well this season, and they certainly aren't going anywhere in the NFC East. Philadelphia and Dallas are both a lot better than them, and Washington could even pass them as well. I'm predicting the Giants to have a bad record, so a little over mid-way through the year, I could see Coughlin getting the axe. Things aren't looking too bright in Giant-land, and I see a 3rd or 4th place finish for them in the division.

17. p-rob88

p-rob88 Slacker

NFL MVP:Drew Brees
    Offensive MVP:Steven Jackson
    Defensive MVP:Champ Bailey
    Offensive Rookie:Calvin Johnson
    Defensive Rookie:LaRon Landry
    Comeback Player:Clinton Portis
    Coach Of The Year:Eric Mangini
    First Coach Fired:Romeo Crennel

18. pacoltsguy

pacoltsguy Guest

NFL MVP-Peyton Manning; He has destroyed the monkeys and now he can be focused and relaxed.

Offensive MVP- Reggie Wayne; its hard to admit that he has surpassed Marvin Harrison but he is younger and more athletic.

Defensive MVP-Dwight Freeny; He got his pay-day and he will do whatever-it-takes to keep Peyton in the lead.

Offensive Rookie-Anthony Gonzalez; He has the ability and Peyton will bring him to the fore.

Defensive Rookie- Laron Landry

Comeback Player-Donovan McNabb; This guy knows what it is about and he will produce.

Coach of the Year--Tony Dungy; he brings the Colts back to the Super Bowl.

First Coach Fired- Jon Gruden; He won a Super Bowl with Tony Dungy's team--he hasn't done squat since.

19. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

I'm disappointed, you should know Dante Hughes will win DROY and Bob Sanders will win Comeback Player of the Year.

20. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

NFL MVP: LT
    Defensive MVP: Shawne Merriman
    Offensive Rookie: Calvin Johnson
    Defensive Rookie: Partick Willis
    Comeback Player: Randy Moss
    Coach Of The Year: Lovie Smith
    First Coach Fired: Coughlin how he still in New York is beyond me.